Official 2018-2019 Chicago Bears Thread - Nagy Takes Over

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If Nelson is there at 8 I'd take him, too. I think he's going to go sooner unless one of the teams ahead of the Bears does something strange.

3 QBs, Saquon, Chubb, Minka, Nelson,

After seeing Ridley's Combine, Bears might be able to trade down to 15 and still get him.

I'm not impressed with the top of this year's WR class.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
4ba8d17e8183c2e57e350f89f70e8967.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's a very risky move to trade Howard for Landry. Costs a bunch, too, since Howard plays on his rookie contract and Landry is going to get +/- $15 mil.

Would it be easier to train Howard to catch the ball and get a WR elsewhere for less? Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins would both be cheaper and better. Sign Robinson to a 1 year prove it deal or check Watkin's health before signing him. Either one of these guys can beat a DB1 which Landry can't do. Landry gets first downs over the middle like Welker did. Would you trade Howard for a younger Wes Welker? That's the question.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Miami (Questionable at best)
Redskins (Traded for Alex Smith - not trading up for a qb)
Arizona (You aren't getting Ridley at 15 so good luck with that.)

Baker Mayfield was solid in the passing drills, but that was to be expected. A couple of deep throws got away from him, but short and mid-range accuracy were excellent. The reason he's getting a stock-up arrow is because he absolutely aced the interviews. Mayfield has that "it" factor, and teams have learned this. There could be numerous teams attempting to trade into the top 10 to acquire him. I expect the Dolphins, Saints and Bills to attempt to do so.

:io:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Calvin Ridley registered some very disappointing numbers at the combine. His 40 of 4.43 was decent, but his vertical of 31 inches and broad jump of 9-2 were both awful. He's a better player than that - the numbers don't factor in route running - but he can no longer be considered the consensus top receiver (not that he should've been in the first place.) Courtland Sutton was already close, and Sutton may have passed him in Indianapolis.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Thereā€™s a lot of CBā€™s on the market this year, so Iā€™m not super worried about letting him walk. Heā€™s definitely an up and down player, so finding someone in FA thatā€™s a little more consistent that may command similar money would probably be more ideal in my eyes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info