Office crew, what's your desk looking like these days

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We have been here two years and they are starting to break. I know of 3 that have been replaced already.
The mechanism that makes them go up and down? If so thats strange, we installed probably 200 offices that are exactly the same as what you have at Great Lakes Naval Base almost 2 years ago. They havent had 1 issue with them yet

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Home desk. Disclaimer: I JUST cleaned my desk today, it's not normally this tidy ?
IMG_20190916_162619.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The mechanism that makes them go up and down? If so thats strange, we installed probably 200 offices that are exactly the same as what you have at Great Lakes Naval Base almost 2 years ago. They havent had 1 issue with them yet

Yeah they go down and wont go back up. Guy comes and changes the motor and control panel out to some newer model

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yeah they go down and wont go back up. Guy comes and changes the motor and control panel out to some newer model
Probably a bad batch at the time your furniture was installed. For the most part they are generally pretty solid.
You have quality furniture in your office, so I dont see them cheaping out on the motors/mechanisms.
Off the top of my head we might have replaced 1-2 of them in the last few years for different customers.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Probably a bad batch at the time your furniture was installed. For the most part they are generally pretty solid.
You have quality furniture in your office, so I dont see them cheaping out on the motors/mechanisms.
Off the top of my head we might have replaced 1-2 of them in the last few years for different customers.

I don't think it is high use either as we have a pretty generous remote policy. Likely what you said.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I change my shit around too much to actually cable manage it. I don't give two fucks ?

As long as I'm not kicking shit under my desk, and it's not in the way of me doing stuff day to day, i don't really care..

Hehe, fair enough. Im actually going to get rid of the shelf on my desk right now since its hampering my dual monitor set up.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Totally is! Do you know what kind it is? I would love to replace the lock or try to find keys for it..... Dont need nosey fucks in my desk. :bowrofl:
Either Herman Miller or Hon, they make identical shit
easykeys.com
Should be a key number on the lock cylinder

Edit: Give me the key number, I get a better price than you will. I think I pay like $5 for a key.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Either Herman Miller or Hon, they make identical shit
easykeys.com
Should be a key number on the lock cylinder

Edit: Give me the key number, I get a better price than you will. I think I pay like $5 for a key.

Not seeing a key number on the cylinder anywhere. I'll dig through the drawer full of keys in the office to see if I get lucky, if not I may have to figure something else out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info