Off-road anything and everything

taws697

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 11, 2015
West Chicago, IL
Real Name
Wes
St Joe State Park in Missouri a few weeks back. Some of my favorite woods riding.
4162CC44-3A76-4BCC-8041-1638D294DD26.jpeg

C14985F6-7A2A-4475-AA58-5F69A63B41E6.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
after my daughters first motocross race and I saw that all the kids bikes are lightly modded, I ordered some parts, hers being fuel injected I knew I needed a tune, I went with a ported intake and throttle body, opening it up from a 13mm to 26mm, and an fmf slip on, they claim stock at 9800rpm the bike makes under 4whp after the intake upgrades and tune it will make about 8.5, I also picked up exhaust for my china pit bike 50 bucks on Amazon we shall see how well that holds up, so I can keep up with her in practice as she was already a lot faster than me on the straights, I also snagged a 26mm intake manifold for 8 bucks off Amazon it think it’s for the 140cc Ssr, and a kenien 18mm carb from a crf110 upgrade kit, I’ll post some pictures as the parts roll in, the china pit bike exhaust actually made a huge difference
IMG_0965.jpeg
IMG_0966.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Basically gutted the air box took the backfire screen out removed the snorkel to open it up some more, new air filter, this hogged out intake and tb, and a custom tune, tps reset procedure and she’s a ripper, the slip on should be here Monday and this thing should really open up, I did two rips down the street and it’s quite a bit quicker
IMG_0979.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You’re going to need to hang a number plate off the back, cause the only way her competitors are going to see her is from then falling behind, or getting lapped.
The bike isn’t slow but she still needs to figure out the whole cornering part lol, she’s getting faster every time to the track though

Reactions: Spivitz

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Confirmed bent intake valve on the ssr 110, I found a place that sells parts for a bunch of different pit bikes, ordered new valves springs and retainers, and supposedly a race cam made for that motor with stock heads so we will see how that turns out lol, there’s a dad/child pit bike race next weekend I hope to have it together for but I guess we will see how it goes
IMG_1007.jpeg

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
IMG_6466.jpeg

Woke up this morning and decided I needed another project. Picked this thing up for stupid cheap not running. 30 psi compression. Thought it might need a top end. Nbd for the price I paid

IMG_6468.jpeg

Pulled the front plastic and tank off, got the valve cover off to find both intake valves were way too tight. Adjusted valves, hung the gas tank on and it fires right up. Main jet in the carb is likely clogged because it won’t take throttle and there was a mouse nest in the cvt belt housing (so the belt is probably trash).

Overall I’m pumped. I already ordered a carb kit, belt, and replacement seat.
Definitely not something I needed though :rofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
IMG_6618.jpeg
IMG_6619.jpeg

Ran the carb in my ultra sonic cleaner, then put it back together with a rebuild kit. Thing runs awesome. So I got a $30 seat cover, cut some foam, then stapled it together. It’s not perfect, but way better than spending $500 on an oem seat. Tossed some LED Amazon special bulbs in since the halogens were burned out. Also cleaned the cvt case out then tossed a new belt on (old one was chewed up pretty bad).
The only thing I have left is fixing reverse. I think the chain is broken. Doesn’t seem too bad to do, just need to get the right rear suspension out of the way.
I’m excited to hit the dunes/trails this summer. It’s been way too long since I’ve been off road

Thread Info