Odd Question v. '05 Galant

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
So co-worker says her window doesn't close, I go outside slam it a few times, then hold the switch up and slam it again and boom, it goes up like a brand new window motor. Few days later she says she rolled the window down again and it wont go up, this time I skip the bullshit and hold the switch up and slam the door and it lifts right up. Is there a reset for the auto down feature or for the motor in general?? Or did I get lucky and find the flat spot on the motor twice and get it 2 catch twice in a row??? seems odd thanks in advance for the insight you magnificent bastards :jg:

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
that's what i'm wondering, she's a smoker and her car is disgusting on the inside, i wonder if the connects are just clogged with shit and smoke tar. or perhaps being in the door if the connector got wet and is now corroded.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
Sometimes the brushes in the window motor get stuck or wear out. I had the same problem on my old mustang. Hit the motor with a hammer a few times and the window works for a period of time. Eventually it will stop working

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
when this was happening on the 2011 malibu, the foam sound deadening was off and at the bottom of the door. when the window was down it would get stuck on the foam and would not go up.

take off the door panel and check for anything loose in the door.

ours gave us no clue that something was loose in there.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll end up taking it apart and try cleaning the connections and greasing them first. Probably end up replacing lol. I just wasn't sure if there was a re calibration procedure for the auto down that might come into play on these turds

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom