"Obsolete Man Skills You Should Ditch"

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
https://au.askmen.com/entertainment/austin/obsolete-man-skills-you-should-ditch.html

What kind of stupid fucking shit is this. The list is:

1-Hunting
2-Fighting
3-Car Repair
4-Fixing things at home
5-Being a leader
6-Being a disciplinarian
7-Holding your emotions in

Instead you should (respectively):
1-learn how to cook for yourself
2-Learn how to mediate
3-learn to code
4-learn to decorate
5-learn how to collaborate
6-learn how to communicate with your children
7-learn how to talk about your feelings

I'm betting the people responsible for this article haven't ever done any of the stuff they thumb their noses at. Maybe I should have shoehorned this into the millenials/housing thread but w/e. I'm gonna do something manly and not give any fucks.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Either way I’m good except I don’t know how to code.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wo Da Fuq comes up with this shit!
Women who date other women or who date men that use AAA instead of changing their own tire because they feel more power over them

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A conspiracy theorist would say, if you want to conquer the most powerful country in the world, you need to weaken it first.

No more hunters, leaders, fighters anymore? Just a bunch of sheep?

Would that make America easier or harder to conquer?

Think about it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Paul Harvey was, obviously, very religious but his opinions on how to weaken a country are amazingly close to what we are getting from the left.

Christianity (the dominant religion in America) = bad. Islam, even radical Islam = good.

Whites )the dominant race in America = bad. Minorities (some minorities, not Asians) = good.

Marriage = bad. No fathers in the house (gets you more welfare) = good.

Drugs = good. First the opiates then stronger, artificial drugs like Fentanyl. I saw a story on the news today about a town educating everyone on how to administer Naloxone. Don't bother treating addicts and teaching a better lifestyle, just save the ones who overdose. Pot may be OK, it's safer than alcohol but the new artificial drugs and the growth of Heroin addiction are scary.

Paul didn't mention taking all the guns away. Venezuela is screwed now because the government took away the citizens' guns. Hard to revolt when the other side and the criminals are the only ones armed.

I used to listen to his show nearly every day. The Rest of the Story was excellent. Now you know... The rest of the story.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
The continued pussification of men, and razor companies telling us how to be men, have me completely wanting off this rock.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Many if not most of you don't realize we didn't have anything to listen to except AM radio back then.
Small black radio with pull up antenna was what most of us had.
There was only 1 TV and that was controlled by my mother, father in law of the week or an "UNCLE" stopping by to spend the night :roflpicard:

I was definitely older the 1st time I got an FM radio and IIRC in Jr High when I got my 1st 8 track player.
It might have been the same unit??

I know I was already driving the 1st time I heard The Loop.

Aircal

Reaction score
Guess I need to learn how to code so I can complete both lists. I love to decorate, done it since I was 13. A funky black light poster sandwiched by Farrah Faucet Major's and Loni Anderson. Hang 4 big ass speakers in each corner of the room. Add a couple Sports Illustrated Bird vs Magic covers and BAM... perfectly decorated room !

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Women who date other women or who date men that use AAA instead of changing their own tire because they feel more power over them
I had the battery in my wife's car die yesterday and was going to call AAA to get a jump because I was at the gym. Decided I didn't want to wait for them (last time it was like 3 hrs for a hook) and said fuck it. Had someone at the gym w/o cables that was nice enough to get me to Menards, bought a socket set and a battery and dropped it in. Did all that in less time than it would have been for them to show up. Was about to hoof it over.

What's funny was it was just dead out of nowhere. I mean it's a 13 on the original battery but still. No warning just said fuck you I'm done. I didn't even get to gym and haw about it like I did with the Honda where it was kinda marginal.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my wife's battery at her work. I drove there, picked her up and got a battery. Threw it in in the parking lot. Dropped off the old one for the deposit. Took maybe an hour. A lot faster than a tow.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I keep the tools to do a battery change and cables in every vehicle.
Also dykes, black tape, screw driver, pliers and meter just in case.

I've saved myself & others a lot of dough, especially with the meter.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
We fucked up, I don’t expect every man to be some beast, there has to be a mix of all different types but don’t tell a beast he is useless and he should act like a women, and every man needs to be able to fix some things change a tire fix a broken light switch, or be smart enough to learn how to do it off YouTube at a minimum, calling for help is just lazy I have a cousin that’s this type of man and I absolutely can’t stand him

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

One of my step dads was so clueless he couldn't light the pilot light on the water heater.
Never used a hammer in his life, and was scared to climb a ladder.
I got kicked out of the house at 11 years old, so I was doing all this at 10 & younger.
I had to climb the ladder to get the storm windows out of the attic.
We didn't have a hatch inside the house, you had to climb on the roof and go through the dormer window.
We had them stored up there, the old style wood type.
Good thing I was already 6' tall in grade school.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
1-Hunting
2-Fighting
3-Car Repair
4-Fixing things at home
5-Being a leader
6-Being a disciplinarian
7-Holding your emotions in
You've got to wonder who's behind this kind of shit. Some group wants to pussify America and it looks like they're succeeding. A lot of younger guys don't know how to do any of the stuff in that list.

What kind of real woman would want a useless, pussified man like that anyway?
To those women, I say: Get your ass in the kitchen, turn on the stove that I just fixed for you and make me a sandwich using the meat of that deer I slayed last night, because when I'm done fixing the transmission on your car, I'm gonna be hungry.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see this country operate one day without real men....

Blue collar is dying breed, but that's good, it lessens the competition and further cements our course for better wages because of it.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
You've got to wonder who's behind this kind of shit. Some group wants to pussify America and it looks like they're succeeding. A lot of younger guys don't know how to do any of the stuff in that list.

What kind of real woman would want a useless, pussified man like that anyway?
To those women, I say: Get your ass in the kitchen, turn on the stove that I just fixed for you and make me a sandwich using the meat of that deer I slayed last night, because when I'm done fixing the transmission on your car, I'm gonna be hungry.
Seriously yes. I know a few women who love to hold onto their man bun counter part cause they feel like they are in power of them cause they cannot complete simple "manly" tasks...

But then who do they call when their tires flat.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom