Movie Oblivion (starring Tom Cruise & Morgan Freeman)

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The "invading army" was actually the army of Tom Cruises, yes? This Sally thing basically replicated him to create an unstoppable army. And then obviously to repair the drones which were apparently in short supply....

I just wish there was some backstory to this pyramid thing....the movie kind of lacked in that department.

Overall tho, really really enjoyed it.

Yes the invading Army was Tom Cruise clones. The invader was simply some sort of AI (or whatever) that was a lone entity that used people to kill people. The idea of the movie is that its told from Tom Cruise POV, and you know as little as he does. Gives you a bit of freedom for your imagination to wander.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I thought it was pretty well explained, or obvious. The ship was AI, and it was able to only clone Tom Cruise and the ginger because they were the only 2 that made it to the ship originally. The entire world is divided up into sectors in which Tom Cruise clones monitor. They are led to believe the other zones are radioactive and dangerous.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Honestly, the settings and the scenery are part of what sold me on the movie. It was gorgeous. And when he first flew here:

12260532105_506f3464ec_b.jpg

I was immediately thinking "Halo".

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
It was like Moon in the "zomg hes a clone!" Plot "twist" at the end.

Moon was great. And it also only cost about $5M to make, so its even better that a low budget film can make it in the theaters. The last one that came out of nowhere like that was District 9.

And I really did enjoy the score for Oblivion, the last song by Joeseph Trapanese and M83 was an excellent song to finish the film with. Really likely Joeseph Trapanese's mix of electronic and his collaborations.

Trapanese collaborated with Daft Punk for the Tron: Legacy score, as well as the Uprising series.

M83 also did the ending theme songs for Mass Effect 1 and 3. (EDIT: BooBoo, it was Faunts, not M83.) Still like it though.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
Personally, I don't like him because he makes absurd idiotic statements like "acting is harder than being in Iraq". And yes, because he's a Scientology asshole who pushes his 100% complete BS religion onto others. Cost him his marriage and relationship with his child apparently too. Katie doesn't seem to have very nice things to say about the dude.

The guy is batshit crazy and out of touch with the rest of the REAL world.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
You realize his Iraq comment was taken completely out of context right? I think it was even explained in the thread on here.

What was the context? How does a statement like that get taken out of context? Pretty insane to say in any context if you ask me.

The rest of that stuff...:dunno: Lots of religious people are out of touch w/ the real world :rofl:

This is true, ill give you that.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
See below:

During a court deposition, when referring to custody for his daughter is all I can assume, he analogized his being gone from his daughter, Suri, while making movies in foreign countries, as being similar to that of a soldier being on deployment away from their child for months at a time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info