Jordan.jpg

Vader at the end of that episode.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I dont really see the issues w/ Reva if I'm being honest. I really wanna know more about her backstory (which I'm sure we'll find out), but if its anything like screencrush hypothesizes, I'm excited.

Also, I was QUITE excited by the mention of Quinlan in this episode. Probably just a passing thing, but if he ever shows up in this show..... I didnt know there was a book focused on him, as screencrush points out in his EP 3 vid. I might have to check that out

Overall, that Vader/Obi Wan reunion gave me chills. It was perfect. Except.......the soundtrack just does not match the tone and scope of this show, or at least certain scenes. I know John Williams is involved in the soundtrack, and he is throwing in TOUCHES of the scores we all know and love, but right now it still feels too..... "tv" to me. I want the full JW treatment in a show like this.

These aren't some third rate characters Disney is forcing down our throats. I want it all :fth:

Reactions: Maro

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Saw the first 3 episodes last night. Small gripes here & there but overall I really like it. A little bummed that Obi Wan is kind of broken but it makes sense why & I hope he redeems himself by the end. I’d assume so since he defeats Maul later & there’s no way this version of him could stand up to Maul. Also he’d be a horrible teacher to Luke. The girl that plays Leia is great.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I disagree. For allegedly being the baddest motherfucker in the universe, those one handed slow ass saber strikes were so meh. Is he incapable of 2 handing his saber now? Bring back those epic prequel saber battles

I bet if you look into it, it's part of how Samurai use the sword or something. Star Wars Jedi are based on the Samurai. Something along the lines of a specific fighting style. Or that using the long sword (Katana) is meant to be used with two hands. Based on the mechanics of it being a cutting sword. Verus the smaller sword (forgot what it's called) that is used with one hand. Meant for indoor fighting and defense. So because he wasn't trying to kill him, the one-handed use?

I enjoy the show. Seeing Darth Vader being ruthless to bait Kenobi awesome. Earling his fearsome reputation. I like how Kenobi is being shown to be out of practice, out of touch with the force, and struggling with Anikan being alive.

Plus the production value is great. That is one thing that makes the Mandalorian and Boba Fett tough to watch at times.

Reactions: Maro and Aircal

Thread Info