Reactions: blue-sun

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Legit question. Can anyone in this thread really give me a real explanation of what made her interesting?
She had her own intentions and navigated around the inquisitors and Darth Vader to a point in an attempt to execute a plan in order to make them reality. Then had to realize that if she killed the kids, she would become what she hated and has been trying to overtake.

Flip side, can you give a real explanation of why she stinks? Dont say lazy writing and acting direction. All of Star Wars villains and heros have their stereotypes. She fit it at first, and then morphed into what she became at the end.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
She had her own intentions and navigated around the inquisitors and Darth Vader to a point in an attempt to execute a plan in order to make them reality. Then had to realize that if she killed the kids, she would become what she hated and has been trying to overtake.

Flip side, can you give a real explanation of why she stinks? Dont say lazy writing and acting direction. All of Star Wars villains and heros have their stereotypes. She fit it at first, and then morphed into what she became at the end.
So she starts out as a villain that has no problem murdering people, murdering Jedi, doesnt matter who...and has some weird obsession with Kenobi. Ok, sure thats fine. Then it turns out that her grand plan is to actually kill Vader b/c she somehow knows hes Anakin....and she can accomplish this by..........killing Kenobi? Then, after allllllllll this time wanting to kill Kenobi, they talk between a wall and he convinces her that hey, we should work together to kill Vader and I'll even let you do it. Then she attacks Vader literally just by walking up behind him...then gets stabbed and is basically fine. Not to mention Vader knew the entire time what she was up to. And THEN she finds out that there is this random kid that is just some random kid (does she somehow know its Vaders kid? Fuck it, who cares - hes important to Kenobi, fuck Vader)....so she goes there to kill him, cause why not. Can barely take down two farmers and instead of killing them, b/c that would be easy, chases after the kid. But then, after shes murdered for who knows how long, she decides I shouldnt kill THIS kid because I suddenly have morals. So then she brings him back and is like yo, I've made a mistake. I dont want to be evil anymore, I'm gonna leave my weird Maul knockoff saber here and bounce.

What a brilliant arc!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So she starts out as a villain that has no problem murdering people, murdering Jedi, doesnt matter who...and has some weird obsession with Kenobi. Ok, sure thats fine. Then it turns out that her grand plan is to actually kill Vader b/c she somehow knows hes Anakin....and she can accomplish this by..........killing Kenobi? Then, after allllllllll this time wanting to kill Kenobi, they talk between a wall and he convinces her that hey, we should work together to kill Vader and I'll even let you do it. Then she attacks Vader literally just by walking up behind him...then gets stabbed and is basically fine. Not to mention Vader knew the entire time what she was up to. And THEN she finds out that there is this random kid that is just some random kid (does she somehow know its Vaders kid? Fuck it, who cares - hes important to Kenobi, fuck Vader)....so she goes there to kill him, cause why not. Can barely take down two farmers and instead of killing them, b/c that would be easy, chases after the kid. But then, after shes murdered for who knows how long, she decides I shouldnt kill THIS kid because I suddenly have morals. So then she brings him back and is like yo, I've made a mistake. I dont want to be evil anymore, I'm gonna leave my weird Maul knockoff saber here and bounce.

What a brilliant arc!

We can literally oversimplify everything.

Billionaire orphan cant save everyone cause he is too dumb to use his money for real shit like satellites and pay attention to his loved ones/important people and lets rando maniac kidnap one of each. So he hides after all of his failures. Gets beat up and thrown in a hole, punched in the back and its magically fixed somehow, does some situps, and can save the world, but only after he pulls off a super secret software patch and tells NO ONE about it because he wants to give his figurative father closure by seeing him at a French cafe.

Guy loses his dog so he goes all PEW PEW PEW with his plot armor draped over him.

We can keep going. :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive defended shit before.
This site will defend shit writing to the death ?

Ive defended shit before, but then come around and realize it. AKA last 2 seasons of GoT. This is not S8 of GoT. Now her beating Obi Wan to Tatooine was a little weird, but Im sure there was an explanation if they had time to fill it. Like her going hyperspace while everyone on the tug boat is reenacting The Last Jedi.

Either way, show was had a satisfying ending overall. But it doesn't need a second season.

I agree. I think I like mini series a little better since there is a planned end VS a show that just keeps going and has no idea how to end. Once again, Covid smacked this series hard IMO cause I think if these were 1 hour episodes each, more could have been shown to make more sense or flush out more story for the characters.

Thread Info