OBD1 Honda Guru's step-inside pleassse

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just before I even begin, I've done multiple swaps, and have 2 of my, so please don't post stupid/wise-ass/worthless answers.

I'm well aware of the FAQ's section, 2 of my articles are IN this section, and I'm aware of this thread: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=682412

and this: "if you go to passanger side kick panel and raise up the carpet u sould see your ecu. and above your ECU there will be a lil plug. i believe its green. I take a spare piece of thin speaker wire and cut off both ends so that the actual copper of the wire is showion on both ends. i twist up both ends so that they are in a nice point. stick one end of the wire into the fist socket on the plug. The other end of the wire into the other socket. Turn your key to the ON position.. dont start your car. just to the ON position. Watch your check engine light on your cluster. it will flash.. 1 long flash is 10. the quick flashes are one. so if ur CEL goes !.....!!! that is a code 13. !....!....!!!!! code 25. then take the code #'s and hop on this thread and see what it is. i hope i could help you all."

The problem I'm having is that the only 2 plugs I have found in that area of my car are 2 blue plugs, one with 2 wires (Black and Brown) and one with 3.

My 92 hatch had a grey plug with black and brown wires which when jumped read my codes, when I jump the blue connector in my 95 EJ my SRS light flashes and the CEL VERY DIMLY flickers.

Car starts/runs/pulls strong and is a B18B1 swapped car with the ECU Prior to the P75 (the OBD1 ECU from the 92-93 integras, I cannot remeber what the code for it is off the top of my head, but it is the same EXACT KIND of ECU I used previously (but not the SAME ecu)

Only problems my coupe has is it has is a slight miss at idle when cold, occasionally while warm, and a CEL.

Thank you in advance for any help from the community, I feel like I'm missing something, or maybe 95 EJ's are different in some way? I've dug and dug and dug for a grey connector plug for 'service' use in the area around/above/behind the ECU to no avail aside from these 2 blue plugged ones.

*This is copied from Honda-tech, so pardon me for assuming everyone is stupid as a brick*

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
It's been awhile but 92-95 have the CEL plug behind the glovebox- or it's behind the passenger kick panel- it's only in one of two places- not hard to find. Open the glove, empty it out, flip one of the tabs or squeeze the box together so that it'll drop down. If the plug has never been accessed it'll be housed in a green silicone piece. You're looking for a blue 2 wire connector.
Jump it, check the code. But for most misses as you describe....easy fix is to disconnect the IAT and TPS plugs on the throttle body and reconnect. I've only had to do it every 50,000 miles, but it does happen, and the fix does work.

off topic, there IS an SRS plug also, used to reset the SRS light when you remove and reinstall the seats. It's very complicated to reset it- so don't remove the drivers seat if you don't have too, lol.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have GSR seats going into the car shortly *your SRS mention*, but regardless, with the blue 2 pin plug jumped I get a flashing SRS light and a dimily flickering CEL. In my hatch the plug was grey and well... worked?

Not sure you read/understood my post, but again, I have 2 blue plugs chilling, the only 2 pin one jumped does not show me my codes, and I do not see any other 2 wire ones hiding back there.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Ha, I missed the part that you're using a second generation Integra ECU on a third generation Integra motor. Why are you using an OBD-I ECU on an OBD-II motor in an OBD-II chassis.....and wondering why the wiring/signals are jacked?

(The ECU plug you have to jump will always have only two wires.)
Now I recall I only had to reset the airbags on a 1996 I used to have after removing the seat.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nononono....

ECU is from an OBD1 1993 Acura Integra (B18A1)

Motor is from an OBD1 1995 Acura Integra (B18B1)

ONLY difference between those motors was 2hp from some VERY minor head-work differences from what I remember reading, sensors are all the same from 92-01 on these motors.

No problem on that side, wiring is all solid. Not just that, but I ended up re-using my factory 95 civic DX wiring harness to ENSURE I had good wiring/connectivity.

not only that, but my original swap in my 92 civic was with a 1992 Integra ECU with a 1996 OBD2 B18B1 motor, no CEL's. 94-01 Integra's OBD-1 or OBD-2 share wiring/sensors, the ECU plugs are litereally the ONLY difference sans wiring provisions for 2 O2's IIRC.

I learn fast ;-)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the CEL is still on, but the purge canister solenoid is in my glovebox *Has been broken since I did the swap* so I'm assuming it was causing a dead short of some kind? I'll replace it with a junkyard one if I have the time, past that the O2 still may need to be replaced. Car runs strong as hell still *shrugs*

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list