Note to harley owners

Jdiding

I has the dumb
Dec 5, 2016
sheridan ill
since I work for Harley and I get info before most customers do I want to give those that may use a dealer for warranty work a heads up before they have issues
the epa as most of you know has come down on the auto industry pretty hard
well now the bike industry is getting it and as a result Harley has become pretty strict with non Harley tuning,pipes,aircleaners, and so on
if you go into a dealer with a engine issue and they want to be dicks they can flag your vin number and kill your warranty
my dealer will not do so out of spite but if we need to send info and pics ( witch Harley is starting to require now with warranty claims)
its out of our hands if they see non screaming eagle pipes or air cleaner on the bike they COULD flag you
there are some dealers that are more lenient than others us be on the far less strict side of things

I just wanted to give you a heads up about that

Jdiding

I has the dumb
Dec 5, 2016
sheridan ill
I AGREE these bikes are bought by people who want to customize them put their own pipes that they like on them and make them their own
the screaming eagle stuff is pretty decent performance wise they certainly sound better than stock mufflers do especially on the touring bikes and brand new 4v per cyl 107 and 114 engines.
but they are not brutally loud like most of the pipes out there.

Jdiding

I has the dumb
Dec 5, 2016
sheridan ill
Thanks for the info.

Let's see what happens when Trump's new EPA guy comes in. Should be some rules relaxed after 8 years of tightening restrictions.

It's a shame when a company like HD rolls over to the EPA.

trust me we certainly hope that things loosen up, its sucks because when a guy buys a brand new bike and wants to make it sound good they are limited on options, it sucks for us because we have to tell customers no about putting vance and hines or whatever pipes they may want or like the sound of because of unlikely but possible warranty issues.
we as a dealer are very against flagging a vin over a set of pipes or an air cleaner. but if a corporate rep walks in and started checking bikes its out of our hands and we cant do anything about it

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The Magnusson/Moss Act says a manufacturer can't void a warranty unless the aftermarket part caused the breakdown.

Problem for consumers is, if a dealer/manufacturer denies a claim, it can be more expensive/difficult to fight the denial than the cost of the repair.

Too long to quote so click the link if you want to see it. The quote is from a car forum but it is relative to bikes, too.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Jeez, the mere mention of Harley brings out the hate. I've seen FAR MORE crotch rocket riders revving their plastic POS's and acting like idiots out on the road than HD riders.

The last nice day we had about a month ago there was a group of 5-6 dildos with rockets on I90 in some fairly heavy traffic popping wheelies and doing endos. It's pretty regular to see these guys being a danger on the road.

Also, the next time you break down or have road trouble it'll be the Harley rider that stops to help and make sure you're ok. Kid on the rocket will fly by you doing 300 mph on one wheel with his middle finger in the air...lol

Jdiding

I has the dumb
Dec 5, 2016
sheridan ill
And for what it's worth a new harley with a screamin eagle air cleaner slip on mufflers and a cam makes almost 100 to the back tire with a canned screamin eagle tune. That's a very healthy amount of power and good sounding bike with all factory backed parts.
115+ is easily attainable with the new engines and they fly

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
And for what it's worth a new harley with a screamin eagle air cleaner slip on mufflers and a cam makes almost 100 to the back tire with a canned screamin eagle tune. That's a very healthy amount of power and good sounding bike with all factory backed parts.
115+ is easily attainable with the new engines and they fly

Yea the new M8's are a nice improvement over the old TC's. Decent power can be had with simple modifications. My TC96 is getting a fuel Moto 107 build this winter hoping to be around 120/120.

best part is he got ahold of me 2 weeks ago about his Harley kit bike but gets on here and acts like a total retard

I ended up just using the Evo filter from harley. I guess they were somehow redesigned to work with the baffle these days. And 20w50 synthetic mobile 1 v-twin oil.

I think the back fender supports are tweaked tho. Maybe from previous owner dropping it. Had to use flush screws for the turn signals because the regular bolt heads were rubbing the tire slightly. I'm wondering if i can just bend those back out on a vice or something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info