3800 not as big as i was looking for

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
not a whole lot of travel but now that i have the Clausing's spindle to within 3 thou (.003 inches runout) i have started looking at other tools to setup for small milling without having to resort to using the massive 3phase enco ($ power bills lol) and came across this...not as much x,y travel as i wanted but it is useable even with the additional setup time....

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Compound-Slide-Tab...1QQcmdZViewItem

whadya think?

oh and i saw this and got a hardon, shipping would kill though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/WELLSAW-10-x-20-HORIZO...1QQcmdZViewItem

I

imported_GraFFix

lol...the mad scientist!

This is james in his backyard...I swear!

mad-scientist.jpg

BTW the cars running great..thanks again Ill see you in a week or so. Maybe next weekend if your not busy i might bring a few things over to polish up if you dont mind. I might bring the mustang, so you can show me how to route that tensioner.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
lol i didnt even know i was bald :p

sounds good, i'm glad your able to enjoy your car again...hopefully things slow down for me at work (yesterdays 6am to 7pm workday sucked...hardcore) i've been working allot!!!

i'll try to find the pully standoffs that are somwhere in my garage....you do know the best way to drill that bracket is off the car right? i'll mark the location while it's on the car then youll just have to tear it off and drill it, we'll have to grab some fender washers for shimming the pulley (we got the pulley at autozone)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that it looks like there's blood running down the front of that saw.... [/b]

you know i noticed that also...shoot i've left my blood on a saw or two... :lolsign:

i talked with my buddy who has paypal etc so he'll be bidding on it for me once it gets closer to the deadline...it's too good of a deal to pass up....and it'll make machining our blowers and intakes much faster and easier, plus with a double cardigan joint i have i can use my clausing and sunnen hone for my blocks and use it with my souix valve seat grinder bits and arbors

i would be one step closer to having a good fairly capable machine shop :D

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Ahhh, I already have all those at my school! :lolsign: :p [/b]

yeah well it's in my garage :p

i said fuck it...this is what i'm getting....it's what i really want (and the travel)

https://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=2...p;PARTPG=INLMK3

i found a morse #1 taper to 1/2 shaft endmill arbor for some decent endmills and another MT1 drill arbor and Jacobs ball bearing chuck for it also....to replace the bent one, that unlike the spindle, isnt worth straightening

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ok so besides ordering this today:

0069514-11.jpg

i'm ordering this as well

worm gear adjustable 7x10 inch tilting table

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=4...p;PARTPG=INLMK3

(pic of a similar manual unit)

0014601-11.jpg

so um yeah....i'll be doing all my own machining on our heads, intakes and blowers, not to mention i will easily be able to make my "turtle" blower air deflector....fab parts for my SI/SII hybrid :D you name it

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
...I can only imagine...

[/b]

lol thanks...

i can figure it's a good reason i'm still single :lol:

seriously i like doing my own work...you have amazing quality control that way...and one day i do hope to open my own shop...next on my list are a HTP InverTig 201 and a big old Bridgeport for some serious fab work

i need a bigger garage... :unsure:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
hey Mat, just to make you more jealous i just ordered 340$ of more machining tools :p with 70$ shipping

the two 52 piece sets of 9/16ths and 7/16ths T slot clamp kits (one for the table and the other for the Tilt table), 6 inch milling vise (i might still order the soft jaws for aluminum parts), MT1 and MT2 drift keys, and 4 V blocks with 2 7/16ths dia capacity...these will serve me nicely for when i weld up the OE SII cam for regrinding...it should help me keep it straight by clamping it in place with the bearing journals (which will have to be turned down to the smaller SI journal dia)...the things i do for my Talldeck hybrid... :D

i had thought about saving it for a full custom SI/SII hybrid cam...or an IS3 for the 442...but i'll save more $ with the tools i bought, so in the end it's more cost effective

oh...and i'm trying to help fund my dad with upgrading the house panel and service to 200amps....with our current 100amp aux box moved to the garage...60amp 220v (someday i may need a 3phase converter lol) + 2- 20amp 110. this will complement the existing lighting/garage door opener & outlet 15 and 20 amp 110v lines

and i promised myself and the old man, that I WOULD finish hooking up my garage furnace before the end of the year...and maybe insulate if i find a deal on some R19

you should have seen his reaction when i told him i need to jack up the garage roof 8ft and open it up into my bedroom :eek: lol (i'm dead serious if your wondering if i'm insane)

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
:lolsign:

hopefully most of it came today....the 360* swivel base 6 inch milling vise is just a rch under 100lbs (heavy!) so it has to come via truck freight

i was too tired to move that heavy ass clausing last night so i just finished up another intake port bowl, then i passed the fuck out, lol handling that 3hp handheld stone grinder for 8+hrs is rough

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info