Noodles And Company

P40E

Reaction score
I went to Noodles and Company today in Machesney Park . It's a nice establishment . The people seem to be nice . The girl that helped me was smoking hot . On to the food .....

I bought the small size , Buffalo Chicken Mac and cheese bowl . It was $7.69 or something . The large (or regular is $8.79)

It was very good . I was expecting the chicken chunk cuts to be a little more hot , but the taste was good , and the macaroni was good flavored and had some green floatie things in there (some type of greenery).

Overall , I like it . I plan on going there more often to try different bowls . It does seem a little bit pricey , but I think it's worth it . Maybe the large bowls will deliver more food .

I recommend . :toast:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Place isnt bad. I dont make it a point to go often.

P40E

Reaction score
Yes , first time there for me .

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
Every time I eat there my stomach ends up hurting. It's not the food necessarily it's the fact that I'll get 2 orders and eat every last bite.
The meal isn't over when I'm full, the meal is over when I hate myself.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Love that place...

Wisconsin Mac n Cheese with marinated steak is so damn good!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Love N & C. Been there a handful of times and have never been disappointed.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
I have never been as well. My problem is the one in Naperville has many other desirable places over a noodle joint.

The Italian

But not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
I went to the one in Oak Brook every once in a while and I wasn't thoroughly impressed. Noodles were bland and sauce tasted cheap. I only went when I exhausted all other options.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
I have never been as well. My problem is the one in Naperville has many other desirable places over a noodle joint.
So many food places, so many choices.... I've only been to a handful of places around here simply because the food is so good at the joints I frequent i never want to try any of the other places.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Buttered noodles w/ Parmesan crusted chicken and the BBQ pork mac are NOMs.

Was going there a bunch last month as I had buy one get one free coupons.

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Love it when its on point, but it can be hit or miss sometimes

P40E

Reaction score

This is awesome . Take the lime wedge they give you squeeze it all over the food and dig in . It's a little spicy too. :drool:

They also have the electronic Coke brand dispensers like McDonald's , with many flavors , I chose cherry Powerade . You can also get the noodles without shrimp .

Outlaw

Reaction score
I go for the Japanese Pan Noodles or the Pad Tahi. Love it, but if you start going overboard your $8.00 meal turns into $18 really quick :rofl:

torquelover

Reaction score
I got some meatballs last time I was there, the Korean and regular. Those suck.

Japanese noodle bowl was good though. Chicken noodle soup looked good, too.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
As long as they don't close the one by my house we're all good....

I thought they were growing too fast actually, I was seeing the stores pop up all over the damn place for awhile there.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
the portions are huge if you eat there, and are very small if you get the order to go.

we had large sizes at the place of the adult mac and cheese's and we could barely finish them. Then had the wife pick up a togo order on her way home one time, same items same size's ordered, and the portions were almost half of what we got for dine in. i was really annoyed. two different locations though. dine is was south barrington, togo was schaumburg close to the house.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
the portions are huge if you eat there, and are very small if you get the order to go.

we had large sizes at the place of the adult mac and cheese's and we could barely finish them. Then had the wife pick up a togo order on her way home one time, same items same size's ordered, and the portions were almost half of what we got for dine in. i was really annoyed. two different locations though. dine is was south barrington, togo was schaumburg close to the house.
I'm guessing they just gave you the wrong size on accident if the sizes were that far off, they literally weigh the noodles for every order to make sure they're always close, and my order is the same dine in or to go...

Primalzer

Reaction score
No, that's the experience I've had as well. You generally get much larger portions dining in, than togo. Same location. The portion differences are significant.

I've been going to Noodles for damn near 15 years now...(there was one right next to where I worked in high school). Definitely one of the first locations in the area. Used to be a lot better, portion sizes have been steadily cut and the quality has sort of gone down as well. I've always been a plain pasta type of guy, so I mainly stayed in the buttered noodles, but have done the Mac and Cheese, the Penne Rosa, and Pesto Cavappati (sp?). All have been good. I never really found the Mac and Cheese THAT good. It's decent, but nothing to write home about IMO. Never saw what everyone raved about.

There is a better "fast" pasta place by me that I like much better, Pastabilities. More of an Italian place rather than just noodles though.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I'm an extremely picky eater... So this isn't really top choice for me, but when I get dragged here with fellow coworkers, I usually go for the mac & cheese.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom