Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I never had a problem with the runway itself... I think the "bumps" are way overblown... And aren't they both early on? I can't remember.

The grounds of the airport could certainly use some love tho. Nothing Omega can do about that sadly. It must be in high demand tho... I know WGF wants to use it.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
I never had a problem with the runway itself... I think the "bumps" are way overblown... And aren't they both early on? I can't remember.

The grounds of the airport could certainly use some love tho. Nothing Omega can do about that sadly. It must be in high demand tho... I know WGF wants to use it.

The surface got way worst last year compering to previews years . one is early and the other is right before the 1/2 mile . When I had last then 1/4 tank of gas my my GTR was cutting power off for a second when it hit the second bump , fuel splashed up and pumps were sucking air .

22 second in video is the bump #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKlfpwlb4LI

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
Eh maybe, I’m afraid I’ll be that freak accident “ shit did you see that white mustang guys tires explode and barrel roll his car 75 times” I’ve only gone as fast as this car will most likely go on a bike, seems sketchy in a car lol
Come on man , put your big boys pants on LOL. I've been ~190mph in my GTR and R8 , holding steering wheel with one hand and phone in my other hand

Here is a good running 16 Roush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTZfieT3Umo

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just a heads up, this event (well all the NFZ events now) has moved to a true standing half mile, just like WGF, Shift Sector, etc. You can still do a roll but it will be a rolling half mile. If you go from a dig, you will be able to accurately compare your speeds with the other half mile events.

This change was partly because of the big accident last year at WGF, to give extra braking room.

There seems to be misunderstanding and/or misinformation going around regarding the changes we made to our NoFlyZone series events this year. So I’ll clarify, as this pertains to ALL of our locations and we have ALREADY had the adjustment at our spring Arizona and California events...

All of our venues are now situated as TRUE HALFMILE. No more “pacing” or “prehalfmile” distances. Each venue had a measure of extra distance situated before the start of the official halfmile mark. It had been like this from our inception, since it was originally fashioned as a “rolling halfmile”... or, to pace for a rolling start, but then still having a true halfmile to race.

This change has a secondary effect of somewhat standardizing the event to be more inline with all the other true halfmile events around the country. Now, when you have a speed at NFZ, you can honestly compare it to other true halfmile speeds. However, the PRIMARY reason for doing this (as stated in drivers meetings this year) is for the added several hundred feet of braking distance this change inherently gives us on the backside of the runway. There was a major accident in the industry last year that got many insurance carriers keeping a much closer eye on these sorts of events, and this was a change that needed to be made. Even tho all our locations have varied braking, we decided to implement it across the board.

This does NOT mean that we are ONLY doing standing starts. The event format will continue to run as it always has: if you want to roll, ROLL. If you want to dig, DIG. It’s up to the drivers... so you do you, booboo!
Just keep in mind that all races will happen WITHIN the true halfmile: if you dig, that’s a standing halfmile. If you roll, you will be rolling into the halfmile. No more pacing distances.

So again, for Arizona and California, as we’ve already had revised events there, I think it’s fairly well understood. But I’ve gotten some questions from Midwest fans lately, so this should clear all that up: ROLL or DIG, but it’s ALL within the halfmile now.

Thread Info