The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I'll jump in, needs a good scrubbing

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
Shawn I’m shocked u don’t have a water heater in yours
Not worth the added cost imo. Have 2 friends who have them and they say if they had to do it again they wouldnt have done it.
I'd have to trench over 100' in my back yard to run a gas line to where the heater would need to be.

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
So just bought a house with a pool and I think I need a new filter. Any suggestions?

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Not worth the added cost imo. Have 2 friends who have them and they say if they had to do it again they wouldnt have done it.
I'd have to trench over 100' in my back yard to run a gas line to where the heater would need to be.
Let me know I’ll come by and help u trench

OP
Spivitz

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Glorious

20200524_161402.jpg

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
My local Leslie's closed last year, went to them for quick things since they were down the street. American Sale in Romeoville was the other goto but with this covid crap the store has been closed and you can only order online and pickup by texting someone at the store. I did find a Great escape that opened in Downers and was able to grab the needed line. Pool was open and in use all weekend.

But now I have to get the pool heater serviced, the control panel is acting weird. Heater comes on and heats but can't change the temp, plus it turns itself on randomly. I would never have a pool in this climate without a heater again. We went 2 years without one and the heater definitely gives us more pool days and a longer season to use it.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score
But now I have to get the pool heater serviced, the control panel is acting weird. Heater comes on and heats but can't change the temp, plus it turns itself on randomly. I would never have a pool in this climate without a heater again. We went 2 years without one and the heater definitely gives us more pool days and a longer season to use it.
With your heater what do you keep your water at? My pool started the weekend at 68 and now is already up to 79 (18,500 gallons) with just a solar blanket. I pretty much use the solar blanket till mid June and then dont need it anymore until Fall approaches. Both of my buddies that have heaters say the exact opposite of you lol. They say it basically allows them to open the pool 2 weeks early and close it 2 weeks later and said nobody usually uses it those first 2 weeks. Both said they would never do it again (heater). Maybe they dont take advantage of it the way you do.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
With your heater what do you keep your water at? My pool started the weekend at 68 and now is already up to 79 (18,500 gallons) with just a solar blanket. I pretty much use the solar blanket till mid June and then dont need it anymore until Fall approaches. Both of my buddies that have heaters say the exact opposite of you lol. They say it basically allows them to open the pool 2 weeks early and close it 2 weeks later and said nobody usually uses it those first 2 weeks. Both said they would never do it again (heater). Maybe they dont take advantage of it the way you do.
My wife is the primary user of the pool and likes it on the warmer side (like 80-82) she will be in the pool the whole day. We also had a neighbor with a tree that shaded a large section of the pool for most of the day which didn't help the solar blanket. The first two years the pool didn't become usable till June and had to be closed early to mid September. Since the addition of the pool heater we have been able to open early May and close as late as early December. Granted that is all weather permitting. Those first 2 summers were mild and the Midwest weather is unreliable at best with spring fall so take that all with a large grain of salt.

Our pool is only 8500 gallons but it is nice to kick the heater on and within a few hours have a comfortable pool day. The heater wasn't all that costly and the gas/electric never flinches from it's use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom