• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

NO TURBO PARTY THIS WEEKEND

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
THERE WILL BE NO TURBO PARTY. NEVER, I HATE TURBOS.

OK but seriously now. All turbo plans for the weekend are cancelled. SSP can not finish this on time, instead will be working on the car all week. They will be making me a new rear header, crossover, downpipe, and well basically anything that requires welding on the setup. There is no other way, I was on the phone with them for the better part of an hour deciding what to do. Since I go back to school next weekend, and wont be able to finish this project at school, they are finishing it for me this week. Basically doing everything except the oil system. Then I will be towing my F**king car home and installing the oiling system. Then I will drive it around and run it into a cliff, just so I can screw myself over one last time. Had I known they werent going to like the rear header, this project would have been done in June.

Thats it for now

sweetness

Reaction score
well that sucks... Youll just ahve to go to GPG so we can see it. :D Let me know if you need any help.

BC

sweetness

Reaction score
what was the issue with the rear header? If its still usable you can probably get some cash for it off of the clubgp site. someone out there would probably buy it and take a shot at a DIY kit.

BC

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
The issue with the rear header is that IT SUCKED. Or in SSP's terms "its a glorified exhaust manifold". He also thought it was going to hit the trans....well theres a shit load of money down the toilet. So he will be using the flange off it to make his own, so I can even sell that one. Sal at SSP is a cool guy, but this just threw me for a loop. So hopefully they have it done by friday. Otherwise its NA for the school year.

sweetness

Reaction score
ugh.... sorry this turned into a bumble fuck. Let me know if there is anything i can do to help out. I hope you didnt pay too much for that rear header.

BC

98 TGP TOY

Reaction score
OK, honestly, i thought the rear header looked good. A lil rough around the edges, but good overall. However SSP was not really impressed with its quality, and said it would be easier for them to make a new one. Since this is the only shop I can get this done at in a reasonable time, then I am stuck.

sweetness

Reaction score
well, it shouldnt be too hard to cut up a stock rear manifold and reweld the flange from the stocker to what remains of the header. In that case, if this works out and people get inspired by your trial to do this themselves you can sell it to them.

BC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom