no spark help me

gotti's si

Banned
Reaction score
i drove some were .an went start my car an it wont start. i change cap rotor put new wire set on there . change dis it has module on there ,an coil is on dis ,an crank sensor on the dis . an i open ecu see if any thing blew or burn out . but everthing was good . it eiather bad new dis

OP
gotti's si

gotti's si

Banned
Reaction score
maybe it a new bad dis . battery good, alt good the timming belt not broke the engine get conpression

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
I checked it out today while at work.

battery is great... plugs/wires were changed.. so was distributor.

Its a solid.. crankcrankcrankcrank.

i hear some clicking when he primes it.. i dont hear fuel though really... (though it was kinda windy out)

Chitowngst

My sig is my bitch!
Reaction score
I thought you had a GST? Whicn would mean you have a 4g63, but if we're talking distributors, then you have a 1.8 motor. Which I don't know much about.

When you're trying to turn it over, do you smell fuel? The turbo DSM cars don't prime the fuel pump when you turn the key over, but I think 1.8's do.

You clearly have spark, charging is okay, start using an OHM meter on fuel injectors, check to see if the fuel pump is operating. To me, though, it sounds like the ECU.

Last edited:
OP
gotti's si

gotti's si

Banned
Reaction score
ok i have cyclone motor from japan getting rebuit now but it wont be done 2 half month

fretburnr

Heel&Toe Hero
Reaction score
might be the ground on the fuelpump, just like we had to deal with on teh talon.

fretburnr

Heel&Toe Hero
Reaction score
If you pull out a spark plug, reconnect it to its wire, and rest the tip against the valve cover while cranking you can verify if the spark is indeed working. Just to get that absolutely out of the equation.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
If you have a fuel pressure relief valve, give it a hit to to see if there is pressure at the rail AFTER testing spark.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you pull out a spark plug, reconnect it to its wire, and rest the tip against the valve cover while cranking you can verify if the spark is indeed working. Just to get that absolutely out of the equation.
or stick a screwdriver in the boot and turn it over.....ive done that, u can feel a lil shock in ur hand, its fun

OP
gotti's si

gotti's si

Banned
Reaction score
ok i did all that it not geting a spark i can hear the fuel pump it works im geing gas but no spark

Chitowngst

My sig is my bitch!
Reaction score
It may be the distributor itself. Did you replace the whole thing, or just the cap and rotor? The more info you give me, the better we can work through this.

I know the 1.8 have to maf, they're map. Check that, cam angle sensor, ECU, etc...

There isn't much left, man.

OP
gotti's si

gotti's si

Banned
Reaction score
i bought brand new distributor in that dis has crank sensor an cam sensor and coil inside dis same ass moudle too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom