Gaming No Man's Sky

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
oh my god oh my god oh my god. I've been waiting for this since the game was first announced, and now its finally going to happen. FULL VR MODE. Welp, looks like I'm diving back into this game......again.....once this is released.

The new VR option won’t have a separate game mode; instead, you’ll be able to play the entire game as it currently exists in virtual reality. “By bringing full VR support, for free, to the millions of players already playing the game, No Man’s Sky will become perhaps the most owned VR title when released

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/25/18280588/no-mans-sky-vr-steam-ps4-psvr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RpKmuRX0CM

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
d95.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I like no mans sky, but at other times its just what's the point in playing it?

its a bit like "I'm sorry Mario, the resource you need is in another castle", except there are 30 billion castles and after a while, I get tired of mining and building.

Maybe if the Sentinel's were more challenging. Gotten pretty good at just rolling up to a base and decimating them for a while.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I like no mans sky, but at other times its just what's the point in playing it?

its a bit like "I'm sorry Mario, the resource you need is in another castle", except there are 30 billion castles and after a while, I get tired of mining and building.

Maybe if the Sentinel's were more challenging. Gotten pretty good at just rolling up to a base and decimating them for a while.

same with subnatica too except you are just on one planet :rofl:

supposedly they revamped the fighting system with this update, we will see. But I agree, there was never really anything challenging about it unless you played on survival mode (1 death = game over)

It is like minecraft in space with better graphics.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
same with subnatica too except you are just on one planet :rofl:

supposedly they revamped the fighting system with this update, we will see. But I agree, there was never really anything challenging about it unless you played on survival mode (1 death = game over)

It is like minecraft in space with better graphics.

Subnautica had the initial terror as you explored for the first few times.

I was genuinely terrified of going certain places in Subnautica.

Hell, in the first 2 hours of game-play when I had to swim to the island? That was terrifying thinking some monster was going to come out of the depths and eat me. Kinda wish some mod would make that a random possibility.

Subnautica's terror would last a lot longer if the reapers spawned randomly in different locations in each game. So you never quite knew where they'd be in your play through.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Subnautica had the initial terror as you explored for the first few times.

I was genuinely terrified of going certain places in Subnautica.

Hell, in the first 2 hours of game-play when I had to swim to the island? That was terrifying thinking some monster was going to come out of the depths and eat me. Kinda wish some mod would make that a random possibility.

Subnautica's terror would last a lot longer if the reapers spawned randomly in different locations in each game. So you never quite knew where they'd be in your play through.

true, subnatica does have the "scared of the depth" feeling sometimes. But gameplay wise, its very similar in the sense you get resources and build bases

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Tis Funny.

I just Wish NMS could hold my attention. I pick it up every once in a while, but I get bored. Resource collection and management is just too tedious.
I agree, although it is better then it was. At least now you can hold decent amounts of stuff to reduce the management side a bit.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I agree, although it is better then it was. At least now you can hold decent amounts of stuff to reduce the management side a bit.
Its been a while since I started it up. I'll have to open my game up and see how the inventory changed.

But I doubt they changed the things that annoy me about it.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Its been a while since I started it up. I'll have to open my game up and see how the inventory changed.

But I doubt they changed the things that annoy me about it.
Lots of QOL. And removed stupid things like locking technology in the slot you build it, now you can move them around.

Oh and in normal mode:

But it's the quality of life changes that somehow feel the most grand and world-shattering. For example, in normal mode, inventory slot capacity for resources has changed from 250 to 10,000.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
My big gripe is it's still basically more realistic minecraft, and it just gets a bit boring.

Never did finish the story either once I found out what the ending is....
The story is...not compelling.

I was always hoping the Economy would be better. Give an actual reason to go exploring for the resource rich systems.

I also wish the "ingredient" list was shorter. Sometimes to craft one item you have to craft 10 other things to build. Its a game, not RL. Simplify it so that I you have all the base resources for whatever that item is, it just crafts it without having to craft al the intermediate things.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I got back into this game big time when it got its first BIG overhaul, and then as usual I just dropped back out of it and havent gone back to it since. Even my prior elation to the VR mode didn't draw me back in :ROFLMAO: But maybe one day again, when I have absolutely nothing else left to play....yes...that will be the day no mans sky walks back into my life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info