Gaming No Man's Sky

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Some might not find this exciting, but I think its awesome :rofl: Apparently if you have a frigate docked near a planet, you can jump off of it and get pulled into the planets atmosphere. And LAND on the planet. But you need LOTS of oxygen stored up to keep your life support system going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIC33K-Bw-0

I just wanna know if once you land, you can summon your ship back from outerspace or if you're just now stranded on the planet.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Some might not find this exciting, but I think its awesome :rofl: Apparently if you have a frigate docked near a planet, you can jump off of it and get pulled into the planets atmosphere. And LAND on the planet. But you need LOTS of oxygen stored up to keep your life support system going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIC33K-Bw-0

I just wanna know if once you land, you can summon your ship back from outerspace or if you're just now stranded on the planet.
You can summon your ship

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
There should be a new update out that fixes a ton of bugs. You can read them all here

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-55/

But they also made a few tweaks. there are things that are good, like

-Reduced the frequency of storms in some situations
-In normal mode, slightly reduced the base rates of hazard and life support fuel usage
-Slightly reduced the radius at which Sentinel drones will investigate players
-Reduced the time required to scan discoveries with the Analysis Visor

But THEN a little bit farther down I read

-Reduced the number of whispering eggs around Abandoned Buildings

no-gif-office-3.gif

I wonder how much they've been reduced by. Guess i'll find out tonight.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I bought my laptop two years ago partially because it has a graphics card. The bad news... It's below the minimum for No Man's Sky. GPU is the only problem and it looks expensive to upgrade a laptop GPU. To play, I'd need to go in my son's room and use his PS4 or buy one myself. Almost $300 to play the game. Not worth it at this time.

When I upgrade my computer or treat myself to a PS4, I'll pick it up. Looks like fun from watching youtube.

I wonder, can you have buddies join to help take out pirates? That might be fun. Can you share wealth?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
There should be a new update out that fixes a ton of bugs. You can read them all here

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-55/

But they also made a few tweaks. there are things that are good, like

-Reduced the frequency of storms in some situations
-In normal mode, slightly reduced the base rates of hazard and life support fuel usage
-Reduced the time required to scan discoveries with the Analysis Visor

But THEN a little bit farther down I read

-Reduced the number of whispering eggs around Abandoned Buildings

no-gif-office-3.gif

I wonder how much they've been reduced by. Guess i'll find out tonight.
To add on..

Booooo to these:

-Removed the chance to get nanites from Buried Technology Modules

-Reduced the critical hit zone for biological horrors

I like these:

-Slightly increased the cost of launch fuel, but made one canister entirely refill the thrusters

-Increased the recharge rate of the jetpack when onboard a Space Station

And this one made me think of family guy :rofl:

-Fixed an issue where Multi-Tool lasers would bend in the wrong direction.

a3172e96e8df2be3dd77af631c66ba0c.gif

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Lol you aint upgrading a laptop gpu, just get a new laptop.

I know they make external gpus too. Never used one though.

You should check this out [MENTION=4746]Flyn[/MENTION]

https://www.pcworld.com/article/298...owerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html

Interesting but it still sounds like a PS4 is a better deal. The card/cloud options are only useful for 1 thing to me, playing this game, while a PS4 would do a lot more and have a controller. Maybe I'll look at the deals on Black Friday.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Those sons of bitches. Finally found a whispering egg nest. There's still 4 clusters of eggs, but now each cluster only has 4 eggs. But the real kick in the balls is it looks like they've slashed their value too. I only got 743k for 12 eggs. :fu: If I remember correctly 5 used to be worth about 475k. Now its like 308k for every 5.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So, I finally bought a new ship last night. It wasn't really what ive been looking for, but when it landed, it was like NOTHING else ive ever seen to date. I had to buy it. From a capacity standpoint its really not that much more practical than my starter ship, but all the other stats were way above anything ive ever seen, and, well........just look at it!

xCf9kPE.jpg

Its an S class Exotic. I didn't even know these things existed. It was only like 8.7 million to buy it outright, so I couldnt pass it up. That fin is so MASSIVE, it clips through the top of my freighter when I dock it there :rofl: I bought it at a trading post on a planet, and I was freaking out because after I purchased it, both my ships were just sitting there on the landing pads. I was like. sooooooooo, how do I get these both up to my freighter? I took flew ship up to the freighter and then tried to summon my old one. Nope. That didnt work. But then I read that if you reload the auto save it creates when you got out of your ship on the freighter, that your old ship would be in the freighter, and thank god it was.

This thing is so ridiculous. When I flew it up to my freighter for the first time I got attacked by a group of like 5 or 6 pirates. This would have been death in my old ship, but decided to take them on in this one w/ nothing more than the stock photon canon, and managed to take them all out. Had to recharge my shield a few times, thank god I grabbed all the sodium nitrate off my old ship before I took off. Ive since blown all my nanites upgrading the weapons systems on this ship, so now hopefully it can actually put up a good fight.

It only has 19 capacity slots, but if i keep focusing on upgrading the cargo slots in my exosuit, I can start moving some of the extra shit i have stored on my ship over to my suit.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man this game has some odd glitches. I just did a mission where i had to collect 250 chlorine for this dude. So i did, and it gave me the marker where I was supposed to deliver it. And I get there, and its a trading post, but its LITERALLY buried into the side of a mountain. Only the top of it was sticking out. I had to burrow into it w/ my terrain manipulator, and dude was just chilling in there. Buried under tons of rock :rofl: I gave him his chlorine and went on my way.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So, I finally bought a new ship last night. It wasn't really what ive been looking for, but when it landed, it was like NOTHING else ive ever seen to date. I had to buy it. From a capacity standpoint its really not that much more practical than my starter ship, but all the other stats were way above anything ive ever seen, and, well........just look at it!

xCf9kPE.jpg

Its an S class Exotic. I didn't even know these things existed. It was only like 8.7 million to buy it outright, so I couldnt pass it up. That fin is so MASSIVE, it clips through the top of my freighter when I dock it there :rofl: I bought it at a trading post on a planet, and I was freaking out because after I purchased it, both my ships were just sitting there on the landing pads. I was like. sooooooooo, how do I get these both up to my freighter? I took flew ship up to the freighter and then tried to summon my old one. Nope. That didnt work. But then I read that if you reload the auto save it creates when you got out of your ship on the freighter, that your old ship would be in the freighter, and thank god it was.

This thing is so ridiculous. When I flew it up to my freighter for the first time I got attacked by a group of like 5 or 6 pirates. This would have been death in my old ship, but decided to take them on in this one w/ nothing more than the stock photon canon, and managed to take them all out. Had to recharge my shield a few times, thank god I grabbed all the sodium nitrate off my old ship before I took off. Ive since blown all my nanites upgrading the weapons systems on this ship, so now hopefully it can actually put up a good fight.

It only has 19 capacity slots, but if i keep focusing on upgrading the cargo slots in my exosuit, I can start moving some of the extra shit i have stored on my ship over to my suit.
Exotics are cool as fuck and get awesome boosts but they will always be small slots (10-20ish) as far as I have seen

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI

xCf9kPE.jpg

I've seen this ship like 5 times and have never had the money to buy it lol

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Alright now im pissed. WTF do I have to do to raise my extreme survival milestone? Basically the only thing propelling me forward in this game right now is the tasks that Polo gives me. And right now he wants me to reach 5 Sols in extreme survival, and I'm currently at 0.5, and I can not get it to raise. I'm on an extreme planet (had the text in red when I landed) and it always has the extreme warning active. I know that if you leave the planet or enter your ship the timer resets so I haven't done that. I've LITERALLY sat down on the ground outside in this planet for over 24 "hours" only running into a shelter to recharge my hazard protection, which ive read you can do, and it's not moving past 0.5 sols.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Alright now im pissed. WTF do I have to do to raise my extreme survival milestone? Basically the only thing propelling me forward in this game right now is the tasks that Polo gives me. And right now he wants me to reach 5 Sols in extreme survival, and I'm currently at 0.5, and I can not get it to raise. I'm on an extreme planet (had the text in red when I landed) and it always has the extreme warning active. I know that if you leave the planet or enter your ship the timer resets so I haven't done that. I've LITERALLY sat down on the ground outside in this planet for over 24 "hours" only running into a shelter to recharge my hazard protection, which ive read you can do, and it's not moving past 0.5 sols.
Hopefully its not glitched. It should be going up. Try a different galaxy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Hopefully its not glitched. It should be going up. Try a different galaxy

It looks like people have been struggling with this for the last 2 years. I haven't been able to find anyone complaining about it after the Next update tho. I don't know what the deal is, but that was gonna be my plan today. Try and find another extreme planet. Which is not as easy as it sounds. Took me all day yesterday just to find the one Im on now. I've read people saying you're more likely to find them in blue star galaxies, so i guess i'll start there.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Up to 3 sols now. At least you dont have to be OUTSIDE to make it progress. You can be inside a structure. Im just literally sitting inside one of those portable habs you see all over the place while I myself am just sitting here watching youtube :rofl: 2 more sols before I can finally be done with this and get my next task from Polo.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man I hate the way they nerfed the whispering eggs. I found a couple more sites tonight, but they only had 3 eggs per cluster except for one that has 4. And even out of that you usually get one or 2 eggs that have no larva in them. So now you're lucky to come way with 10-12 eggs. I mean...its still good for 6-700k a haul. But its a far cry from the way it used to be.

I am slowly acquiring the blueprints needed to manufacture everything to create stasis chambers, which are good for 15 mil a pop. But.......some of the resources required to craft some of the components......I haven't even seen yet

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man I cant believe I never thought that nanites couldn't be refined before. Thats what I love about this game. Learning new things. Besides platinum, nanites can ALSO be refined from Runaway Mould :rofl: Which is FAR cheaper than platinum if you're buying it from traders, but a little more difficult to find in higher quantities. I've always seen traders w/ this mould crap for sale and I always wondered, "who the hell would wanna buy that shit?" :rofl: Unfortunately it refines at the same rate as platinum, which is 5:1. But I'll take whatever I can get.

I've spent the last 2 nights now on the same planet. Well, actually its a moon, but the temperature is always PERFECT. There's no storms, its not radioactive or toxic. The sentinels are pretty low key. This place is littered with copper deposits all over the place, as well as all the other usual elements required for most anything. Ive been finding lots of manufacturing facilities and drop pods, and there are alien artifacts LITTERED all over the place. I've been learning so many korvax words I should have this language mastered in no time. Theres also tons of damaged technology modules buried all over the place to run thru the blueprint analyzer. There's also tons of trees that contain traces of coprite, which I use to refine into mordite, which is what you can bribe the vykeen with to teach you new words as well.

Also.......there's these things.

DB6Oynn.jpg

Luckily their behavior is listed as "cheerful" but they dont look very cheerful to me :rofl: And they shake the ground when they walk. Plus the entire valley down below was filled with these other creatures. It was quite a sight when I came up over the hill and looked down below. You can also see the top of my ship peeking up over the hill in the background. Its so ridiculous. :rofl:

I think I may actually spend some time here. I havent even looked at any of the other planets in this system yet. Its so nice here.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Man fuck this game. 50 hours into it now, and I just can't stop myself :rofl: I decided to go back to the Artemis storyline that opens up pretty early in the game. I did a few things initially and then kinda went away from it to do other stuff. Man am I glad I went back to it. To get some of the best blueprints in the game you need to be following this storyline. Between this and all the raids I've done on manufacturing facilities I am sooooooooo close to being able to manufacture stasis chambers. BUT it looks like they nerfed the value of those now as well. Figures. Still tho, I don't care. It's just been a goal of mine to be able to get to that point. I built a base on the planet pictured above, since its pretty much the most perfect planet I've found so far. I needed one anyways because to advance the artemis storyline you need to build a science terminal in your base so can hire a korvax scientist, and hes the one that gets you all the sweet blueprints for stuff.

But it is so amazing how deep the rabbit hole goes when you're trying to construct stuff. All you need to make a stasis device is a quantum processor, cryo chamber, and iridesite. Sounds simple right? Well lets just take a look at the quantum processor. To make THAT you need a circuit board and a superconductor. Break that down even further. To make the circuit board, you need to combine a heat capacitor and poly fiber. But if you want to make THOSE, you need frost crystal and solanium for the heat capacitor, and cactus flesh and star bulbs for the poly fiber. And THATS just for the circuit board. You still need the superconductor, for which you need enriched carbon and a semi conductor. Enriched carbon can be refined in a large refiner with radon, carbon, and chlorine, and the semi conductor has to be crafted from thermic condensate and nitrogen salt, which can also be refined in a large refiner from various other elements.

Put it ALL together.........and all you have is the quantum processor. :rofl: It is INSANE. I learn new things every time I play the game, even 50 hours in. The no mans sky wiki is an INVALUABLE resource. https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/No_Man's_Sky_Wiki

OH. And I've also been refining the shit out of runaway mould to create nanite clusters. On my last space station resupply run I went on, everyone who docked was selling a shit ton of it. And I bought it all. Came back w/ over 3000 of the stuff, which is good for like 600 nanites after its refined :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info