Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Or rather, us in the US.

The new UK only Fiesta ST is a 1.5L Turbo 3 cylinder making 200hp and only weighing 2500lbs.

Is it sad that I wouldn't mind owning one?

https://jalopnik.com/fords-new-3-cylinder-fiesta-st-deserves-to-be-an-rs-1826177260

With a 1.5-liter 3-cylinder turbocharged engine producing nearly 200 horsepower, launch control, a trick new rear suspension design, sticky tires, and a 2500 pound curb weight, this isn’t just a good hot hatch, it’s among the best of all time. The newest update of Ford’s Fiesta ST is significantly improved, and finally offers a proper Quaife limited slip differential, to boot. This new model is a little larger, a little safer, and the interior is more upmarket, providing a whole lot of bang for the buck. As per usual, Henry Catchpole’s Carfection review of the car is well worth the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFneaU_8Ww4

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
No big loss. You want to drive a man's car, not this sissy thing.

They are crazy fun and still practical while not being expensive.

I admit yes, I do prefer RWD over FWD. But I was never disappointed with the handling of my Focus ST. Razor sharp turn in, tenacious grip, excellent grunt from the 2L Turbo. It petered out on top, but super fun to drive.

I won't deny that I'd rather be in a Focus RS over a Fiesta ST. But I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if I was on a twisty road with a Fiesta ST.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The Fiesta ST may be the best driver's car Ford makes. You would be hard pressed to find a more fun car, especially from the big 3, at any price.

Drivers car is HIGHLY subjective. That being said, you're going to have a hard time finding any enthusiast claiming that a front wheel drive car is going to be a better "drivers car" over the Mustang or Ford GT.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Drivers car is HIGHLY subjective. That being said, you're going to have a hard time finding any enthusiast claiming that a front wheel drive car is going to be a better "drivers car" over the Mustang or Ford GT.

There are more than a few enthusiasts that buy the slow car fast, vs fast car slow argument. I know on this forum, how fast you can go in a straight line determines how fun a car is, but the whole enthusiast world doesn't think like that.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
There are more than a few enthusiasts that buy the slow car fast, vs fast car slow argument. I know on this forum, how fast you can go in a straight line determines how fun a car is, but the whole enthusiast world doesn't think like that.

There's too many good "slow" RWD cars out on the market that are much more capable, not just in a straight line. The Ecoboost Mustang in Ford's own stable is a more capable track day vehicle.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
There's too many good "slow" RWD cars out on the market that are much more capable, not just in a straight line. The Ecoboost Mustang in Ford's own stable is a more capable track day vehicle.

I've spent some time tracking a EcoBoost Mustang....I've also spent some time tracking a Fiesta ST. Fiesta ST >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EcoBoost Mustang.

The Fiesta ST is just smiles for miles. The Mustang is faster, I'm sure, but sometimes just because it's faster, doesn't make it more fun.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
It's more about being seen in it than how capable or fun it is. At the end of the day this is a subcompact cheap ass fwd car. If Ford wants to build an brz competitor that actually looks cool and has rwd then we're talking. But Europe can keep this thing as far as I'm concerned.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
It's more about being seen in it than how capable or fun it is. At the end of the day this is a subcompact cheap ass fwd car. If Ford wants to build an brz competitor that actually looks cool and has rwd then we're talking. But Europe can keep this thing as far as I'm concerned.
Except some people dont care about looks like that. Give me a 4 door hatchback that I can toss around on a track while still being able to carry things home from home depot as a dd and get 35 mpg. Way more practical for me than a brz/mustang/miata if I am only having one car.

Have you ever driven a focus st/fiesta st? They are a blast.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
This thread makes me miss my little Fiesta. I actually like the styling on the 4 doors. I have owned both the FIST and the FOST. The FIST in stock form out handles the FOST. The car was amazing with a inch drop as well.

k1GOGqA.jpg

eG5xdID.jpg

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO

My SVT Focus is 10,000 times more fun to drive than my 700hp 04 Cobra was.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
The 4th Gen is a hatchback so there's that.:s00ls:

Also a hot hatch like the focus rs has more hp (advertised) than my 4th Gen so it's not like it's some unwieldy powerhouse car. It's plenty fun to drive.

Ill quit trolling but small cars just aren't for me. I get that around town and commuting a fwd car can be fun especially w a good manual trans. My commute consists of two highways and 0 turns so handling isn't much of a priority for me. A big v8 is all I need.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
The 4th Gen is a hatchback so there's that.:s00ls:

Also a hot hatch like the focus rs has more hp (advertised) than my 4th Gen so it's not like it's some unwieldy powerhouse car. It's plenty fun to drive.

Ill quit trolling but small cars just aren't for me. I get that around town and commuting a fwd car can be fun especially w a good manual trans. My commute consists of two highways and 0 turns so handling isn't much of a priority for me. A big v8 is all I need.

How much power does your camaro put out ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info