Nitrous Storing Temperature

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Trunk is totally fine if not exposed to direct sunlight. The bottle pressure will go up but nothing you cannot purge a little out to get back down to proper pressure. Those bottle overpressure burst discs are usually rated to 3000psi which is allot more than that bottle should ever see even fully filled on a hot ass day. I leave mine in all the time. Garage or in home storage are both totally fine for storage.

94' cobra 351

Regular
Feb 5, 2007
You don't really have to. Nitrous is a cryogenic liquid so it is not like that bottle valve and seals is not used to handling temperatures much much colder than what winter ambient temps can get down to.

I wasn't worried about the temperatures, I was thinking the pressure would wear on the seals/valves. Just figured it'd be better to drain it if it's just going to sit for over six months.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I wasn't worried about the temperatures, I was thinking the pressure would wear on the seals/valves. Just figured it'd be better to drain it if it's just going to sit for over six months.

If it were me and I had a significant amount left in the bottle I would just store it as is. If I was pretty low already then I would just empty the rest out and let it sit that way if I am not using it for 6 months at a time. You can usually plan when you will have your bottle empty anyways through just finishing the season out with a few fun runs. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info