• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Nitrous - General Questions

markymarc

Reaction score
I've been considering acquiring a 'conservative' nitrous system, say a 35 or 50 shot. Given my modifications, even at this low psi, am I taking too much of a risk? I am looking for a little extra something, a push of sorts, not a punch in the arm.

Are additional modifications necessary?

Is it not worth the cost with such a low shot? In other words, is the marginal benefit not worth it...

Finally what kind of cost am I looking at?

nitrous

Reaction score
Nitrous has it's advantages as the shot can be increased for little to no cost. A 50 shot will be fine in your current setup. Just be sure to gap your plugs correctly and lower your timing a bit. Watch your AFR!

J.E.T.

Reaction score
NOS is for cheaters and ricers. That's all I got to say. pppffftttt.

rjaz gtp

Reaction score
Well I would say if you are going to use NOS I would go with a conservative setup like ZEX. I know they computer control the nitrous amounts at WOT and kind of dummy proof you from blowing up your car. Their kit is really simple to install and I think would be beneficial. I know some will say using NOS is cheating, but its not like you are going to go around spraying everyday. It just looks like you are wanting a little extra HP every now and then... ;)

my two cents...

Royalgtp

Reaction score
I love the spray on my TA but make sure you get all the bells and whistles to monitor it and so forth. Dont just buy the basic kit and hope for the best.

D

Dom87SS

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Nov 22 2005, 02:11 PM
NOS is for cheaters and ricers.  That's all I got to say. pppffftttt.
[snapback]104574[/snapback]​

nitrous makes cars fast. you just have to know what your doing.

J.E.T.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dom87SS+Nov 22 2005, 04:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.
@Nov 22 2005, 02:11 PM
NOS is for cheaters and ricers.  That's all I got to say. pppffftttt.
[snapback]104574[/snapback]​

nitrous makes cars fast. you just have to know what your doing.
[snapback]104590[/snapback]​
[/b]

I'm just trying to start a fire :) . I run the NOS system in my car now.

Just to let you know Marc, you will start with a low shot like you planned, but then you will want more and more. Here's what you'll be thinking: "My car handled the 55 shot with no problems - I think I'll up it to 75!" Be careful. Power corrupts! :lol:

bgoza86

Reaction score
I have the ZEX 75hp dry shot on my 98 GTP right now..I would HIGHLY recommend this system. Be sure to gap your plugs down to about 35-40 thousanths. If not, the nitrous will kill the spark and you'll get a misfire. I run a 3.4" pulley which reads about 11lbs of boost on my gauge, when I spray the 75 shot it jumps to about 15-16lbs. I dropped half a second in the 1/4 with this kit. If you have any ?s about the install..lemme know..it takes some finesse, but it's overall pretty simple.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by bgoza86@Nov 30 2005, 09:15 AM
I have the ZEX 75hp dry shot on my 98 GTP right now..I would HIGHLY recommend this system.  Be sure to gap your plugs down to about 35-40 thousanths.  If not, the nitrous will kill the spark and you'll get a misfire.  I run a 3.4" pulley which reads about 11lbs of boost on my gauge, when I spray the 75 shot it jumps to about 15-16lbs.  I dropped half a second in the 1/4 with this kit.  If you have any ?s about the install..lemme know..it takes some finesse, but it's overall pretty simple.
[snapback]105394[/snapback]​
yeah becareful get a afc or a powertuner to tune fuel, and a timing comm.or happy knob to lower the WOT timming a bit(if not a using a software tuner)

GTPquickRB

Reaction score
if you run your plugs at that small a gap, what does that do for normal driving conditions?

J.E.T.

Reaction score
Originally posted by 98GTPquickRB@Nov 30 2005, 06:47 PM
if you run your plugs at that small a gap, what does that do for normal driving conditions?
[snapback]105472[/snapback]​

Smaller gapped plugs will run fine under normal driving. However, you will have to replace then sooner than normal because they will foul up faster. I replace mine after every bottle of nitrous and every season change. So that means new plugs at least (minimum) 4 times a year. $12 bucks for a set - 30 min to change. Why not.

J.E.T.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by J.E.T.+Nov 30 2005, 08:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-98GTPquickRB
@Nov 30 2005, 06:47 PM

Smaller gapped plugs will run fine under normal driving. However, you will have to replace then sooner than normal because they will foul up faster. I replace mine after every bottle of nitrous and every season change. So that means new plugs at least (minimum) 4 times a year. $12 bucks for a set - 30 min to change. Why not.

J.E.T.
[snapback]105480[/snapback]​
[/b]
is there a gap change need for meth/water injection like devils own kit?

anyone?

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by J.E.T.+Nov 30 2005, 07:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-98GTPquickRB
@Nov 30 2005, 06:47 PM

J.E.T.
[snapback]105480[/snapback]​
[/b]

Every bottle?

GTPPWR

Reaction score
get an NX incognito kit. small 1lbs bottle, completely portable with a 50 shot. I just bought this for my dailey driver(passat). runs off of 2 9v batteries. I liked it, it can fit in a small backpack. weighs les than 2 pounds. It is really ingenious design. not a sneeky pete setup. more advanced.

it is upgradeable. if you need it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom