• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Nitrous and misc questions

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
i was looking into a new edge and i wondering how pricey it is to squeeze 400whp out of one? i just want a fun street car. i was thinking i/h/e, roots blower for engine mods.

It is quite easy to squeeze 400rwhp out of a stock 2v. Throw a blower on there with the basic supporting mods and you are basically there. I wouldn't advise going for more than about 450rwhp on a stock 4.6 bottom end anyways so you are coming close to the reasonable stock limits if you go any higher. Right around 400rwhp is where most guys end up after a blower. With a roots blower it is usually just south of that mark, with a KB1.7, 2.1, or 2.2 twin screw it is usually just north of that in the 425-450rwhp range, and with a good centri blower like Vortech S trim it is usually right around 430-450rwhp as well. These are averages and it all depends on whether you have the proper supporting mods; and the ECU tune itself makes a considerable difference as well.

With good practiced driving you should be able to click off a very low 12 or high 11 ET with a blown New Edge GT. Quite a few have wen faster with the same power but they are dipping into suspension mods at that point to hook better off the line with better weight transfer.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
At the moment I'm at 496 whp and 525 torque on 14 psi E85, full exhaust, electric water pump, bigger radiator, 80 lbs injectors, still on stock block, never been opened up, strip tune put me at 508hp and 545 torque but never ran that tune yet just On Dyno. About 2000 miles on this combo and takin Rpm to 6500+ many times on accident, it's a ticking time bomb but I'm ok with that.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
At the moment I'm at 496 whp and 525 torque on 14 psi E85, full exhaust, electric water pump, bigger radiator, 80 lbs injectors, still on stock block, never been opened up, strip tune put me at 508hp and 545 torque but never ran that tune yet just On Dyno. About 2000 miles on this combo and takin Rpm to 6500+ many times on accident, it's a ticking time bomb but I'm ok with that.

I know you are already aware of this; pushing 500rwhp out of what started out as the 1.7l which has been bored out is definitely in the upper flow limits of that blower. Have you been able to keep your post-blower IATs in check? I am sure the E85 helps especially well with prevention of detonation in that combo; not like it doesn't in every other performance car use either, but ya catch my drift. I like seeing people pushing their combos and getting good power out of them. What tranny are you running?

There are always people who push higher than my previously mentioned 450rwhp safe limit, and some usually have their fun for a while, and then eventually boom. But it sure is nice to not have to start buying all the expensive shit right away if the combo lasts for a while. When I hit 400rwhp in my KB2.2 equipped 4.6 I decided to just build it all. Hello Diamond pistons, Oliver billet rods, 20 psi boost, and blahbadeeblah... Wish I wasn't the one who had to pay the money for it though.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Iat on Dyno never crossed 120ish, on street driving never monitor it, was told the blower can handle up to 17 psi but not pushing my limits on that, 14 is fine til it blows or find a good deal on a cobra long block or coyote swap. I wanted to do a ls swap in it but since its a true saleen I want to keep it all ford. Trans is all stock 5 speed, not sure which model since 01s came with2 different types and the clutch is the mmr 750 model. Car never makes good traction on the 18s to put a true hard load on the powertrain, wheels just spin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info