Gaming Nintendo brings back Classic NES

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/entertainment-tech/157501-old-school-emulator-talk.html

Microcenter right now is the best place to buy the Pi itself. Its $30 right now there compared to the 35+ on amazon or anywhere else.

I then buy this kit for the case and power supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWURJMI/?tag=tcg21-20

Get yourself an SD card in any variety you like. Little bit cheaper than a canakit on Amazon and comes with more as well.

Or I can set it all up for a fee. :io:

how much? im not into this tech stuff.
need a plug and play unit

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
These will be available in stores at Best Buy tomorrow.

57e8d3349536eb44b617a14bc8b3cada.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
oh lawds, n64 mini rumors starting to crop up. Nintendo filed a trademark or some shit for it apparently.

I will be in line. This will be the thing to get and will be worth it.

Can't wait for N64 classic!

Same.

Yeah its called a raspberry pi

No. Shut up. You have either never tried to emulate N64 on a RPI or have never played N64 games on a N64.

i don't know what Pi you are using, but it can barley do some titles for N64.

Even the 3B+ cant do games 100%

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I think this is why I am not too critical of games for their flaws. We are talking about a game that is 18 years old because of issues, but was a good game.

Either way, if they make a N64 mini, they will have to get those licenses to even put games like Goldeneye or Perfect Dark on them. Which IIRC is owned by Microsoft since they bought rare. However, the rights to James Bond games are owned by Activision IIRC. So who knows who Nintendo has to talk to just to get Goldeneye.

And lets be honest, there are really only 20ish N64 games that are worth a damn.

Ill still take the night off and will wait in line though.

Ohh, and Im going to get a NES classic when re-released. Cause I wants.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

You basically proved my point. The god damn music stutters along with frame rate drops.

Thats on an overclocked 3 and a 3B+.

The + does a little better, but its not perfect. Nintendo mini consoles are pretty damn consistent with retro hardware.

Also, the 3B+ and 3B share the same GPU. The bump in CPU power helps, but the GPU needs to be updated to really help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info