Gaming Nintendo brings back Classic NES

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
in for snes or n64 classic mini for next years holiday season.
Or just buy a raspberry pi and have those plus NES, Sega, Sega CD, Atari and anything before PS1 on one device the same size as the new classic but supports Bluetooth wireless controllers or any USB retro controller.... Oh and for under 60$

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I've enjoyed my classic. Low effort. High fun factor. Will probably try to grab another for collectability's sake and keep it packaged.

Good luck. Scalping prices doubled the second this was announced and ones that are being trickled to stores will be scooped up super fast.

Ill just copy and and paste my response on Pat the NES punks status about it.

It really sucks. I didn't try hard on release day thinking they would saturate the market for Christmas. Lol. Ohh well.

This does make total sense. Nintendo either wants to focus on manufacturing the switch, have consumers focus only on switch, or they are going to modify the classic. Which makes sense since any joe schmoe can look up a video on YouTube, watch how to add 700 more games, download a file on their PC, and then do it themselves on Nintendo hardware.

Either way it's not stupid for Nintendo, but sucks for people that legitimately want this product for what it is.

Also, the product itself isnt a piece of shit. It emulates very well from my limited time trying it out. People just dont like it since Nintendo actually has to purchase licenses for third party games while trying to make a profit. Meanwhile, others scoop up RPIs and pirate games and think its stupid for companies to try and make money. This makes no sense to me. While I love my RPi, I would still want a NES classic, but sadly I most likely will not get one.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Good luck. Scalping prices doubled the second this was announced and ones that are being trickled to stores will be scooped up super fast.

Ill just copy and and paste my response on Pat the NES punks status about it.

It really sucks. I didn't try hard on release day thinking they would saturate the market for Christmas. Lol. Ohh well.

This does make total sense. Nintendo either wants to focus on manufacturing the switch, have consumers focus only on switch, or they are going to modify the classic. Which makes sense since any joe schmoe can look up a video on YouTube, watch how to add 700 more games, download a file on their PC, and then do it themselves on Nintendo hardware.

Either way it's not stupid for Nintendo, but sucks for people that legitimately want this product for what it is.

Also, the product itself isnt a piece of shit. It emulates very well from my limited time trying it out. People just dont like it since Nintendo actually has to purchase licenses for third party games while trying to make a profit. Meanwhile, others scoop up RPIs and pirate games and think its stupid for companies to try and make money. This makes no sense to me. While I love my RPi, I would still want a NES classic, but sadly I most likely will not get one.
They have been extremely easy to get if you put in any minimal effort. Hell I got 2 of them...And I'm not some gamer fuckboi that goes crazy over these kind of things.

You setup alerts on websites and you get notified when they're in stock. It's that simple!

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
whats a resale certificate?

It is a permit/license that allows business to resell items they purchase tax free.

People are buying and paying tax, but, not collecting tax since they are reselling the items, in this case, Nintendo classics.

My post was sarcastic since people, especially on this forum, are buying these up to sell of a profit, well, a huge profit.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
whats this raspberry pi thing you guys speak of, and where do i buy one?

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/entertainment-tech/157501-old-school-emulator-talk.html

Microcenter right now is the best place to buy the Pi itself. Its $30 right now there compared to the 35+ on amazon or anywhere else.

I then buy this kit for the case and power supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWURJMI/?tag=tcg21-20

Get yourself an SD card in any variety you like. Little bit cheaper than a canakit on Amazon and comes with more as well.

Or I can set it all up for a fee. :io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info