1ECC90B3-7028-43B2-9F15-57B2FD4ECB39.jpg

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
A fucking roll cage, with "trophy truck" trailing arm suspension, a 900-1000cc [turbo] motor and all wheel drive.

20K BRUH? SHIT SHOULD BE $29 SPECIAL AT AUTOZONE

This is kind of my thinking. Face it, their suspension architecture isn't anything new. Yea sure the power train is nice and new and has great power for being small but its not like its revolutionary either. At least in my eyes.

But whatever. I'm not buying one anytime soon.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
This is kind of my thinking. Face it, their suspension architecture isn't anything new. Yea sure the power train is nice and new and has great power for being small but its not like its revolutionary either. At least in my eyes.

But whatever. I'm not buying one anytime soon.

Suspension that ONLY EXISTS on trophy trucks because of how expensive it is to create a system that works well to fling (usually) 6000+lb trucks through the air REPEATEDLY. Again as KJ pointed out, economies of scale. Shit's expensive because the R&D isn't spread out over a million RZRs, it's spread out between a few ten thousand, MAYBE.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Tell me what is so revolutionary about double A arm suspension and some good shocks?

Polaris RZR UTV 2.0 OE Coil Over Shocks

Walker Evans, Polaris' deal for "cheaper" shocks over Fox.

450 dollars PER SHOCK. There's four of them. $1800 in shocks alone. What about the R&D time spent tuning shock after shock after shock to find the correct preload and compression for a 1200lb roll cage with an engine?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Dude, you work fucking inventory.

You know part prices aren't where cost comes from. How much does your shop in back charge per hour? $120/hr? THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of R&D hours to make these machines.

yea and you don't want to see the mark ups we have. Its crazy. And a lot of the times we don't even have the right cost pricing in the system.

These things are bad ass, don't get me wrong. but I think they're overpriced. Hell, look at some od the deals they're giving. Like that Scramble KJ post. 3-4 grand off of new price?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info