Mar 18, 2004

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
either a huge mark up on these things or what?

(which there isn't)

The way I look at it is that you can get this really complicated small car, that has tons a research and development into it, that costs 20k new. Or you can get a side by side that has zero crash testing that I know of(I'm sure they do something) and barely any emission equipment testing on it and its the same price? If there's not a huge mark up on SxS's then do Cruze's cost 8 grand to make? Is GM making that much on the car?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The way I look at it is that you can get this really complicated small car, that has tons a research and development into it, that costs 20k new. Or you can get a side by side that has zero crash testing that I know of(I'm sure they do something) and barely any emission equipment testing on it and its the same price? If there's not a huge mark up on SxS's then do Cruze's cost 8 grand to make? Is GM making that much on the car?

ok i think i know where to start

there is a metric FUCK TON of research & development into a side by side, they are engineering masterpieces basically.

name another thing you can sit inside of comfortably, and hit mud holes and whoop sections at 60 mph for similar prices?

going further... think about economies of scale here... the cost of r & d for a entry level cheap car is spread out across MILLIONS of cheap crappy cars, because cars are a necessity, whereas a side by side is a luxury item that maybe? a few thousand of are sold per year.

the capability of these new side by sides is just INSANE... my dad had a 440 rhino and the places it would go and the conditions it could traverse were NUTS. you couldn't put 15k into a jeerrrrp to do what some of these stock side by sides are capable of doing.

I understand the difference. But its not like these SxS are running anything revolutionary tho

what's so standard? have you seen their suspension technology ?

differentials that lock all around?

stupid power out of extremely small engines?

name a more capable vehicle that you sit inside of that costs less?

that also does 0-60 in under 4.5 seconds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info