• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Nick's Marauder Repair (Vostak)

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Another unfortunate event. Something came loose somewhere and beat# 8 cylinder up. Warranty company turned down the claim and the.dealer.charged him a lot of money.to.take it all apart and basically do nothing. They were even gracious enough to.drop.the overhead door onto the roof of his car during the car's 2 month stay.

Anyway, he bought the old engine from the marauder that just got the aluminator and Whipple. I got the car looking like this:
2011-05-07_13-19-41_110.jpg

Quite literally 3 hours later:

2011-05-07_15-35-20_70.jpg

2011-05-07_15-35-28_336-1.jpg

I have to swap timing covers, oil pan and pickup's well as cam covers. He should be driving it home next weekend.

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
I remember reading about the garage door and roof fuck up. Did they at least fixthe roof the right way? Can you tell the dealer messed it up?
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!
The roof took approx 3 and a half weeks to be fixed and I still was not satisfied with the rubber lining on the rear glass and the weather stripping on one of the doors, they had a glass company sent to the shop to finally make it right. As for the roof itself and the paint job/blend it's okay in my book. I was also given a 12,000 mile/1 year warranty for the work.

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
Nice dealership to leave it like that probably after raping him over the coals.
Another Zack project in the works.

I was most certainly raped over the coals for a whole lot of nothing...a lawsuit is imminent but i'm not really sure where to start. (Against the warranty company)

They deemed that "foreign material" had entered the engine due to the scarring of the pistons/cylinder walls but none was ever recovered...and I have a problem with that. :mad:

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I remember the story on this MM. I cant believe the dealer did the paint and body work and left the rest like that. Did they include all the shit the removed from the old motor? I would hope so.

It looks like the local wrench will take better care of you then the dealer could. It used to be the other way around

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
I don't know. Funny though, the piston is beat up on the top and bottom, but nowhere in the center, likewise with the cylinder head.
His does that make any sense?

Yea it makes sense, seems like something was in there? Something come loose? Seen similar type scaring on a Aviator not to sure they ever pinpointed exact cause? On the bright side Nick you are on the path to recovery

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
I remember the story on this MM. I cant believe the dealer did the paint and body work and left the rest like that. Did they include all the shit the removed from the old motor? I would hope so.

It looks like the local wrench will take better care of you then the dealer could. It used to be the other way around

Yes. Every part to the engine that was removed was put into the trunk.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Lucky for Nick im doing this. I noticed the new.engine.has plastic chain tensioners. Known to be 'not as good ' as the.steel versions.
So, I took them off his old engine.and.swapped them over.
If this engine rattled when cold, it wont anymore.

2011-05-08_20-10-36_746.jpg

2011-05-08_20-22-16_913.jpg
Is this a 03 to 04 thing or by engine code?

I think zack willingness to help another vs doing his own stuff says something. Nick this thing should do you right for a while.I got a feeling he is gonna be done with this by Wed:eek:h:

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
Is this a 03 to 04 thing or by engine code?

I think zack willingness to help another vs doing his own stuff says something. Nick this thing should do you right for a while.I got a feeling he is gonna be done with this by Wed:eek:h:

I am very lucky to live as close to him as I do. This is saving me so much time, money, and grief. I am infinitely appreciative. And to top it off it brings me a lot of relief to have Zack on the job verses the dealer or any other shop for that matter. I trust in his wrenching abilities more than anyone else. :hail:

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I am very lucky to live as close to him as I do. This is saving me so much time, money, and grief. I am infinitely appreciative. And to top it off it brings me a lot of relief to have Zack on the job verses the dealer or any other shop for that matter. I trust in his wrenching abilities more than anyone else. :hail:

Thanks man! I really hope to have it done Wednesday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info