• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Nick's Marauder Repair (Vostak)

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
The damage to the exhaust valves on cylinders 7 and 8 is/was clearly an issue of overheating at this point, it has nothing to do with "foreign debris". The TSB's about this were enough to lead me to that conclusion, this is just the icing on the cake. As for the scarring inside the cylinders I don't know what to say about that.

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
Cant help but wonder had Nick had a Dealer or reg service shop do the job for him would he ever know the cause? I myself dont beleive they would have corralated the incorrect t-stat with the motor failure.

You would think with the "hours" of diagnostics the dealer spent that they would have noticed the engine was running a lot hotter than it should.

As I do not have an electronic scanner to tell me the exact temperature, i'm only left to believe that dead center on the on the gauge was okay...

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
You would think with the "hours" of diagnostics the dealer spent that they would have noticed the engine was running a lot hotter than it should.

As I do not have an electronic scanner to tell me the exact temperature, i'm only left to believe that dead center on the on the gauge was okay...

I never burp the.cooling system without my Diablo scanner hooked up.
The marauder temp gauge.will read the.exact same from.180 to 230.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info