• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Nick's Marauder Repair (Vostak)

Vostok

Marauder
May 7, 2011
Saw it today and lookin good! Thanks again Zack, so far everything feels PERFECT! Sorry if I almost made you soil your panties! Who knew she could hit 130 in 6 feet??? :)

Now go clean all that white wax off the car Nick! DISGUSTING! No soup for you!

All that white shit your seeing is leftovers from when they dropped the garage door on the roof. They had to pull both rear and front glass out and whatever they use to put the window stripping back in is still on parts of the car. The dealer said that when this is all said and done that I can come by and they will detail the car for free...they owe me that much. Hopefully they can handle that without dropping something on it again.... :thinking:

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Not much, starting work this week. Gave the marauder a good washing today. When are the St. Louis area guys going to get together? I want to see the car Zack built you.

Iam thinking the weekend of 21st22nd Ill let John know he seems to like cordinating those things, Car gets Dynoed on Mon 16th. good luck with the job

ps Nick, Zack was on my ass in Jan to get my car to him so he could get it done and start on his stuff

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I was so bothered by the cooling system problem I woke up an hour early today.

First, let me tell you I told the owner last night I suspected the T-Stat was bad, or partially opening. He told me it was 3 months old and it was fine when it went into Ford for repair.

This morning I start it, let it fully warm up and same shit. No air bubbles coming out of the crossover tube, upper hoses blazing hot and the lower hose cold.
Fuck it, I removed the thermostat because I knew then it was the only thing that could be bad..... have a look:

2011-05-11_07-32-03_460.jpg

A stocker is on the left, what I pulled out is on the right.

WRONG

Not only is it the incorrect design, its 7 degrees hotter than stock! If this thing was opening 1 mm id be surprised. Not to mention the way the bypass is designed is totally wrong for the housing it goes in.

When I was datalogging the engine temp, it would run between 215 and 220+ just cruising down side streets. At this temp the gauge on the dash barely moves up at all, if any. Mind you, these temps are with a COOLING MOD INSTALLED.!!!

....and now it brings me to this conclusion.

Months ago its winter and the wrong T Stat goes in. The heater core is now doing most of the engine cooling because the heat is most likely on.
Gauge on the dash is in a normal spot, so why think anything is wrong?
No cooling mod on at the time....I cant even imagine what the temps were around the rear cylinders.

Id bet the bank something we cant see (or a professional would spot) went wrong in the head and caused the original engine failure, all over a 10 dollar thermostat.

This stuff sucks, but you can never trust a parts store clerk, or many mechanics for that matter. Before replacing parts, compare, compare, compare!

Ill be stopping by NAPA after work for the correct unit.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Vatozone lists the same t-stat for the sohc and dohc...There is your problem. Someone needs to inform them they are f*cking up...Wonder how many wrong t-stats they have sold?:mad: I have the Reische 170 degree thermostat for my Lightning..

I just compared an 03 GT, 03 grand Marquis and a Marauder on Autozone's site.
There were no conflicting part numbers.
The one they have listed for the marauder is WRONG.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I compared a 03 GT and 03 Cobra and they listed a 15398 for both engines. That's wrong..There s*it is f*cked up..

WOW.
I never cared for Autozone.
Since I dont have a NAPA real close to my house, Ive been ordering all my parts online through Advance, and saving about 15-20% doing so.

I look the parts up, they pull them, I pick them up. EASY!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info