Nick's Marauder Repair (Vostak)

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Another unfortunate event. Something came loose somewhere and beat# 8 cylinder up. Warranty company turned down the claim and the.dealer.charged him a lot of money.to.take it all apart and basically do nothing. They were even gracious enough to.drop.the overhead door onto the roof of his car during the car's 2 month stay.

Anyway, he bought the old engine from the marauder that just got the aluminator and Whipple. I got the car looking like this:

Quite literally 3 hours later:

I have to swap timing covers, oil pan and pickup's well as cam covers. He should be driving it home next weekend.

JStevens

Reaction score
Nice dealership to leave it like that probably after raping him over the coals.
Another Zack project in the works.

Bodyman

Reaction score
Here Zack goes again. Any idea's on what failed or came loose? best of luck Nick. Like we discussed you got the right guy on the job.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Here Zack goes again. Any idea's on what failed or came loose? best of luck Nick. Like we discussed you got the right guy on the job.
I don't know. Funny though, the piston is beat up on the top and bottom, but nowhere in the center, likewise with the cylinder head.
His does that make any sense?

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about the garage door and roof fuck up. Did they at least fixthe roof the right way? Can you tell the dealer messed it up?
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Vostok

Marauder
Reaction score
I remember reading about the garage door and roof fuck up. Did they at least fixthe roof the right way? Can you tell the dealer messed it up?
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!
The roof took approx 3 and a half weeks to be fixed and I still was not satisfied with the rubber lining on the rear glass and the weather stripping on one of the doors, they had a glass company sent to the shop to finally make it right. As for the roof itself and the paint job/blend it's okay in my book. I was also given a 12,000 mile/1 year warranty for the work.

Vostok

Marauder
Reaction score
Nice dealership to leave it like that probably after raping him over the coals.
Another Zack project in the works.
I was most certainly raped over the coals for a whole lot of nothing...a lawsuit is imminent but i'm not really sure where to start. (Against the warranty company)

They deemed that "foreign material" had entered the engine due to the scarring of the pistons/cylinder walls but none was ever recovered...and I have a problem with that. :mad:

ntd

Reaction score
Zack will make it right just out of curiosity who was your warranty company

musclemerc

Reaction score
I remember the story on this MM. I cant believe the dealer did the paint and body work and left the rest like that. Did they include all the shit the removed from the old motor? I would hope so.

It looks like the local wrench will take better care of you then the dealer could. It used to be the other way around

Bodyman

Reaction score
I don't know. Funny though, the piston is beat up on the top and bottom, but nowhere in the center, likewise with the cylinder head.
His does that make any sense?

Yea it makes sense, seems like something was in there? Something come loose? Seen similar type scaring on a Aviator not to sure they ever pinpointed exact cause? On the bright side Nick you are on the path to recovery

Vostok

Marauder
Reaction score
Zack will make it right just out of curiosity who was your warranty company
These guys here...

http://www.aagi.com/products/WHEELZ2

They have actually helped me in the past when my power steering pump went bad, and I also needed a helicoil done (on the other side of the engine) but they have given me nothing but grief for the last 2 months.

Vostok

Marauder
Reaction score
I remember the story on this MM. I cant believe the dealer did the paint and body work and left the rest like that. Did they include all the shit the removed from the old motor? I would hope so.

It looks like the local wrench will take better care of you then the dealer could. It used to be the other way around
Yes. Every part to the engine that was removed was put into the trunk.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Car will be done soon. I may go on a mad frenzy tomorrow night with it.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
As soon as this car rolls out, its Cobra time. Woo hooooooo!

kmastl

Reaction score
I can say from first hand experience the engine your getting runs very well.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Lucky for Nick im doing this. I noticed the new.engine.has plastic chain tensioners. Known to be 'not as good ' as the.steel versions.
So, I took them off his old engine.and.swapped them over.
If this engine rattled when cold, it wont anymore.

Bodyman

Reaction score
Lucky for Nick im doing this. I noticed the new.engine.has plastic chain tensioners. Known to be 'not as good ' as the.steel versions.
So, I took them off his old engine.and.swapped them over.
If this engine rattled when cold, it wont anymore.

Is this a 03 to 04 thing or by engine code?

I think zack willingness to help another vs doing his own stuff says something. Nick this thing should do you right for a while.I got a feeling he is gonna be done with this by Wed:eek:h:

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score

I think zack willingness to help another vs doing his own stuff says something. Nick this thing should do you right for a while.I got a feeling he is gonna be done with this by Wed:eek:h:
Yes most likely :D

Vostok

Marauder
Reaction score

I am very lucky to live as close to him as I do. This is saving me so much time, money, and grief. I am infinitely appreciative. And to top it off it brings me a lot of relief to have Zack on the job verses the dealer or any other shop for that matter. I trust in his wrenching abilities more than anyone else. :hail:

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
I am very lucky to live as close to him as I do. This is saving me so much time, money, and grief. I am infinitely appreciative. And to top it off it brings me a lot of relief to have Zack on the job verses the dealer or any other shop for that matter. I trust in his wrenching abilities more than anyone else. :hail:

Thanks man! I really hope to have it done Wednesday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom