• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

ngk iridiums

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Reaction score
anybody running iridium NGK tr6ix? be nice to not have to change plugs all the time but i heard copper is best what are you guys opinions?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
I Ran them, Idle is really smooth and mid range is nice, but the Iridum tip stays hotter, so a TR6I will knock on even a stock setup.....They were only a .7 MPG gain over the standard Tr6's though

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
the way it was always put to me

copper is a better heatsink and cheeper, in racing you want the heat away from the plug asap (cutback groundstraps, shorter porcelin aka colder)
anbd on the street ya want to keep the heat to clean it

far better in racing to replace the plug than reuse them when reading your plugs

oil in the chamber increases preignition risks, just as much if not more is a damn glow plug (hot spot)

i just extend it to the street cause i like being able to read plugs at least once a year....it might just clue you in that an injector isnt spraying properly etc

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom