đź“° Auto News Ngauge closed down / VMP, SCT and Lund Racing visited by EPA?

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Disappointing to hear about and watch. I really feel like the EPA is stretching here with targeting performance tuning shops. It is low hanging fruit for them, but in the grand scheme of things it won't do much benefit for the environment. The only thing it will do is cripple the performance industry.
Yet my 335d has no emissions requirements and can roll coal with 600 plus torque no questions asked in Illinois. Hahahahha

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Disappointing to hear about and watch. I really feel like the EPA is stretching here with targeting performance tuning shops. It is low hanging fruit for them, but in the grand scheme of things it won't do much benefit for the environment. The only thing it will do is cripple the performance industry.
That reminds me you should have kept the mustang. Probably would have been faster then the 12 second hellcat. Man that cobra was sexy !!!!!!

:angrys00ls:
hellcat very sexy to

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yall havent seen nuthin yet. they know just how many fleets, even of public sector vehicles with emissions defeats. fucking schoolbusses guys. i was just messaging eagle about this with his truck. shit rolls downhill.

remove yer posts folks, if they havent been mined for evidence, its a helluva fine, and guess how many local govenments are gonna be looking for revenue?

the roadside inferometer tailpipe tests mean there's no need to implement obd3, park one next to a toll pass, interface cammera's n some simple NNAI and bam, 25,000$ tickets for feral violations of tampering with vehicle emissions eqpmnt.

the roadside testers are what caught actual proof of the dieselgate.... dont think they wont menetize systems to sell to help fill coffers.... it'll be the red light cammera's all over again. cept with possible jail time.

just sayin

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
yall havent seen nuthin yet. they know just how many fleets, even of public sector vehicles with emissions defeats. fucking schoolbusses guys. i was just messaging eagle about this with his truck. shit rolls downhill.

remove yer posts folks, if they havent been mined for evidence, its a helluva fine, and guess how many local govenments are gonna be looking for revenue?

the roadside inferometer tailpipe tests mean there's no need to implement obd3, park one next to a toll pass, interface cammera's n some simple NNAI and bam, 25,000$ tickets for feral violations of tampering with vehicle emissions eqpmnt.

the roadside testers are what caught actual proof of the dieselgate.... dont think they wont menetize systems to sell to help fill coffers.... it'll be the red light cammera's all over again. cept with possible jail time.

just sayin
Mohahhahahaha wuuuuuut? You smoking to much Japanese fumes :p

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
i feel this shouldnt be a spideer crawlable thread.

Meanwhile, I only fix to OE specs.. You know what that means?

It means that every flatbill facebook diesel shop will go under cause they can't diagnose. They just delete...

giphy.gif

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
there was a report recently released documenting how pervasive the DEF/DPF/scrubber n egr stuff is deleted, on even public sector equipment

how well you think the local school district would do with a 3 million dollar fine for tampering? cta? how about small fry's smaller truck co's? Owner operators? b plate trucks?

yeah id bet anything, they will go for the $, all the way to the little fish, low hanging fruit first, posts and evidence all over.

think folks

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
there was a report recently released documenting how pervasive the DEF/DPF/scrubber n egr stuff is deleted, on even public sector equipment

how well you think the local school district would do with a 3 million dollar fine for tampering? cta? how about small fry's smaller truck co's? Owner operators? b plate trucks?

yeah id bet anything, they will go for the $, all the way to the little fish, low hanging fruit first, posts and evidence all over.

think folks
Bro who the Fck talking about public sector lol . Go back in garage :cool:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I have :angrys00ls:. Has it run faster then a Honda odessy :angrys00ls:

Well considering the only “traction friendly” mod I did to the car was a narrow ass road race tire and I was still able to manage a 12 flat at 130mph really not doing any burnout, the results this year should be much better. If not that’s what gasoline and a match are for!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Well considering the only “traction friendly” mod I did to the car was a narrow ass road race tire and I was still able to manage a 12 flat at 130mph really not doing any burnout, the results this year should be much better. If not that’s what gasoline and a match are for!
12 flat at 130 and you’re sniffing my exhaust pipe, and I’m like 1/10th of your rolling weight.

I was hitting low 11’s @ 130. That’d be a fun race to do. Hellcat vs 600cc bike. But if you have even the slightest improvement I’ll be watching you pull away from me, in a street car. ??

Reactions: greasy

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
You do not think PBD is getting a knock at the door?
They don’t manufacture anything at pbd like the other companies that got one, but they did buy up all the n gauge’s and parts after they quit making them I think ken probably figures he’s small potato’s compared to the companies that got a visit

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
They don’t manufacture anything at pbd like the other companies that got one, but they did buy up all the n gauge’s and parts after they quit making them I think ken probably figures he’s small potato’s compared to the companies that got a visit

He’s no different than Lund.

Believe me, if the EPA shuts down Lund, don’t think for a second they won’t say “so, why is it PBD can continue tuning and doing the same thing?”

If one or two of them go down they’re bringing everyone with them for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info