Next Level House Call

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Will have daylight pics tomorrow after the ceramic is done curing but Kevin paid me a visit today to do a full detail on the R including ceramic coating. Looks great already, cant wait to see everything in the sun :noes:

Kevin can get into the steps if he wants.

[MENTION=112]ktraver97ss[/MENTION]

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Didnt resize these, woops.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
You can ignore/delete for K-travvvvv but how much was it? :x:

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
What is ceramic coating

Outlaw

Reaction score
Ceramic is the shit... My F350 had it. Looks great on black and makes it infinitely easier to keep looking nice.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
Looks awesome! What is involved in applying this coating?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I'll tell Kevin to post in this thread. Hes here for day 2, which is the interior.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Finished product. Done right before it started to rain too :rofl: Car came out fantastic. Cant wait to see it when its actually sunny out.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's insane, that looks soooooo good.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
Looks awesome! What is involved in applying this coating?
Well, like painting, the prep is the most important part. I start with a wash and clay bar, then a good polish, then a wipe down with Eraser to remove any polish residue. Then it is applied similar to a wax or sealant, but it is a thin liquid and flashes quickly. You must apply it evenly and wipe it down less than 5 minutes after application, so its basically apply to an area and wipe, and repeat. Then it has to cure and stay out of the elements for 24 hours. Sounds simple, but Mooks car was in great condition and still took me 8 hours yesterday, and I'm not slow with this stuff.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Well, like painting, the prep is the most important part. I start with a wash and clay bar, then a good polish, then a wipe down with Eraser to remove any polish residue. Then it is applied similar to a wax or sealant, but it is a thin liquid and flashes quickly. You must apply it evenly and wipe it down less than 5 minutes after application, so its basically apply to an area and wipe, and repeat. Then it has to cure and stay out of the elements for 24 hours. Sounds simple, but Mooks car was in great condition and still took me 8 hours yesterday, and I'm not slow with this stuff.
How long does the coating last?

Outlaw

Reaction score
Most of those coatings are warranted at least 5 years. If done right, like Kevin most certainly did, it should last far longer. I'm a huge fan of it, it will be done to every new vehicle I purchase that's for sure. My truck saw nothing but machine washes for three years, never even waxed it, still looks incredible.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Pulled the car next door to check it over in the sun.....I'm blown away. These pics are straight from the camera, no BS filters, etc.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
Hot damn, sometimes I impress even me. haha Glad you are happy. That first pic is wild, looks edited AF, but nope, just ceramic. lol

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Let me upload another one. My laptop ruins the quality when I drop the resolution so I didnt post it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom