Next-gen Subaru BRZ and Toyota 86 canceled?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
the car is already track oriented, and hitting the affordability scale. that 50-75 hp is not for track guys but primarily the appeal to drag guys, who are the main complainers about the power. same with the competition you are noting. turbo genesis, ecoboost mustang, etc - it is drag people buying those cars.

do you think if mine imploded and i couldn't buy another that i'd pick up an ecoboost mustang? because the reality is i would stroll on over to an ND miata. of the former 86 owners i know this is one of the most common cars they now have - it's actually the case for every one of them that actually hit a track. the former owners i know who now have more powerful cars also have more expensive cars, and neither their former nor current car has or likely will ever see a track. they skipped the entry camaro, paid 10k more and got a v8 one. and all they do is drive it on the street.

"if only it was this" - would i take a 2800 lb 275 hp car for $26k? i sure would, but absolutely no one is making or selling this now or ever. the closest thing would be porsche for 3000 lb and 300 hp, they'll give you one for $60k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info