• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Newest Eaton Swapped Marauder

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Welcome to the newest Eaton Swap Club, Me!!!

Well Ive been wanting to do this since I had first seen Justbobs Trilogy and Zacks Eaton swap about 2 years ago. Well I finally did it.

A huge helping hand goes out to Bob, of Justbob Motorsports
biggrin.gif
. We started it about 3 weeks ago. Late night here and a late night there. I think we spent more time chatting like two chicks than we did working!! It all went very smoothly. Of course the hardest part was the COT. Id like to say thanks to Hans at Deans Performance out near my house for cutting and welding up the COT. What a pain in the rear!!! Other than that. It was soooooo much fun.

I thought of buying a Trilogy but after calling Jerry and being quoted $7,600 shipped. Thats toooooo steep of a price. With the money I have saved from the swap. I bought mostly new parts and a bunch of suspension goodies that I will be installing in the coming weeks.

I do know the Trilogy kit is an awesome kit for sure. But I learned sooooooo much more about our engine and related components by doing the Eaton Swap than just following a step by step kit. Plus we made some nice brackets for the battery tray to make it much more secure and some nice brackets for the fuse box too. There was a little grinding of the alt bracket to clear the water pump pulley. No biggie. The Eaton is all about making it how you want to make it. I would do it again in a heart beat. Be it my car or anothe members car.

I owe justbob and justmelanie and huge Thank you for having me over for dinners, my wise cracks, many late nights, and my car taking up their entire garage, Bobs know how, and their patience. The whole experience was sooo much fun!!!

I also want to thank Rex (SC Cheesehead)for emailing me nicely streamlined documents of info for the swap. That made it so much easier than disecting the Eaton Swap thread for sure!!

Another thanks to the Z-man for getting my car up and going safely untill my dyno tune at Mr Norms this coming Thursday.

Enough blah blah blah. Here are some pics. Not to many as youve seen swaps before.

And we were able to keep the EGR without cutting any of the wiper cowl. Just simply rotated the EGR. Fits like a glove.

Attachments

• right%20side.jpg
    right%20side.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 220
  • left%20side.jpg
    left%20side.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 219
  • frozenboost.jpg
    frozenboost.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 218
  • battery%20bracket.jpg
    battery%20bracket.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 223
  • battery%20bracket2.jpg
    battery%20bracket2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 215
  • bracket%20grinding.jpg
    bracket%20grinding.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 225
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info