đź‘‹ INTRO Newbie to the area.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I can see that. This '98 I bought has the typical super noise upper strut bushing/bearing noise. It also vibrates like hell on acceleration - planning to get under it and see if a CV shaft is destroyed. I bought it in July but had title issues so I just let it sit until finally getting that sorted. Now that it's registered I can get to work on it before winter hits.

View attachment 134380
Acceleration noise in my C30 was remedied with engine mounts although CVs in my car have been replaced too. I'm sure the P80 isn't too much different. I just replaced that disgusting fluid filled mount in my car and haven't had an issue since. The other 212k mile mounts are factory.

Squeaky192

Regular
Oct 4, 2022
Fox River Grove
That is sexy time. I know nothing about them. Deets?

This one is the T5 variant, which is a turbo'd 2.0 rated at 252hp. They also do the T6 which is a turbo and blower setup on the 2.0 that is rated I believe 316 hp, then the T8 which is the T6 with a hybrid assist rated at 400+.

I had my eye on a few T6 cars, but really with it being more of a driver/road trip car I liked the thought of the simplicity of the turbo only setup. The trans is an AISIN 8 speed, which while lazy when driven spirited, makes for a really nice drive when cruising. You can do a Polestar tune on them, but it's pretty pricey for minimal on paper gains. Everyone that has done one on the Volvo Forums raves about how much more torque there is across the powerband on the whole, and how much better the 8 speed shifts. I still can't justify it at this point.

Interior is super nice and quiet, heated seats and steering wheel and all that jazz. Coming up here from Texas with the car loaded down it averaged mid-30's. I think with mixed driving around here I'm seeing 27-28 mpg.

Squeaky192

Regular
Oct 4, 2022
Fox River Grove
Acceleration noise in my C30 was remedied with engine mounts although CVs in my car have been replaced too. I'm sure the P80 isn't too much different. I just replaced that disgusting fluid filled mount in my car and haven't had an issue since. The other 212k mile mounts are factory.
I'm planning to check all the mounts and such as well. This is more than a noise/standard vibration though which is lending me to think it's an axle issue or something with the tie rod ends. The car will drive perfectly straight until you give it throttle and it pulls hard right. Under hard acceleration it shimmies like crazy to where I feel I'm gonna break something and have to calm down on the throttle.

Reactions: v6buicks

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
That's not a wagon, that's a SHOOTING BRAKE!

Dont You Dare The Office GIF by hero0fwar

Squeaky192

Regular
Oct 4, 2022
Fox River Grove
PICS OF THE TRUCK CMON MAN

also im not sure if you've seen our thread where we're :nutz::nutz: :nutz: :nutz: :nutz: :nutz: on the OBS truck yall at the roadstershop did

That thread is actually how I found this site haha.

Here's the truck, it's just old-man mostly stock. 135k miles, has Flowmasters on it from the previous owner that I want to get rid of at some point, but they aren't overly loud. I did the 2" shackle on the back, new lights, had the gauges redone, and otherwise have just driven it. It has two broken exhaust bolts on the passenger side head, so this winter I plan to extract them and do new ARP bolts/gaskets, etc. At that point I may get rid of the muffler shop special duals and do a y-piupe into a larger muffler and just a passenger exit exhaust.

PXL_20210912_204013961.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Here's the truck, it's just old-man mostly stock. 135k miles, has Flowmasters on it from the previous owner that I want to get rid of at some point, but they aren't overly loud. I did the 2" shackle on the back, new lights, had the gauges redone, and otherwise have just driven it. It has two broken exhaust bolts on the passenger side head, so this winter I plan to extract them and do new ARP bolts/gaskets, etc. At that point I may get rid of the muffler shop special duals and do a y-piupe into a larger muffler and just a passenger exit exhaust.

View attachment 134481

mother of god i had basically the same truck

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

View attachment 134481
Look at that, Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo recruiting new people with his threads. :s00ls:

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I drive the car pretty often so you probably will. Do you ever do the Cary cruise-in deal on Wednesdays? I know it's over for the year, but I hit up a couple of those this year in the Camaro.
I didn’t do any this year. If you see a loud cop car or squarebody with a fender exit , that’s me. My dad live on the river right across from the fox river grove picnic area so I’m around a lot.

Thread Info