New York Seante Bill: Want a gun license? Hand over your passwords.

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
https://legislation.nysenate.gov/pdf/bills/2017/S9191

IN ORDER TO ASCERTAIN WHETHER ANY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT OR SEARCH ENGINE HISTORY OF AN APPLICANT PRESENTS ANY GOOD CAUSE FOR THE DENIAL OF A LICENSE, THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER SHALL, AFTER OBTAINING THE APPLICANT'S CONSENT PURSUANT TO SUBDIVISION THREE OF THIS SECTION, AND OBTAINING ANY LOG-IN NAME, PASSWORD OR OTHER MEANS FOR ACCESSING A PERSONAL ACCOUNT, SERVICE, OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE NECESSARY TO REVIEW SUCH APPLICANT'S SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS AND SEARCH ENGINE HISTORY, REVIEW AN APPLICANT'S SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS AND SEARCH ENGINE HISTORY FOR THE PREVIOUS YEAR AND INVESTIGATE AN APPLICANT'S POSTS OR SEARCHES RELATED TO (I) COMMONLY KNOWN PROFANE SLURS OR BIASED LANGUAGE USED TO DESCRIBE THE RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, GENDER, RELIGION, RELIGIOUS PRACTICE, AGE, DISABILITY OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION OF A PERSON; (II) THREATENING THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF ANOTHER PERSON; (III) AN ACT OF TERRORISM; OR (IV) ANY OTHER ISSUE DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SUBDIVISION, "SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS" SHALL ONLY INCLUDE FACEBOOK, SNAPCHAT, TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM, AND "SEARCH ENGINE" SHALL ONLY INCLUDE GOOGLE, YAHOO AND BING. Upon completion of the investigation, the police authority shall report the results to the licensing officer without unnecessary delay.
This is the same guy that told a girl to kill herself on Twitter after she pointed out that he was misusing his parking permit and blocking a bike lane on a busy street(shocking). https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/nyregion/kevin-parker-suicide-twitter-giove.html

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I dont use mybook.

:dunno:

:s00ls:

radioguy6

Reaction score
looks like no gun license for him. "(II) THREATENING THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF ANOTHER PERSON".

and just whatever the fuck you want based on emotions and feels "(IV) ANY OTHER ISSUE DEEMED NECESSARY BY THE INVESTIGATING OFFICER"

this could never pass, even in the liberal utopia of New York. :rofl:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
We will each be assigned a government "social credit score" soon.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
As I said previously, this will never pass. It's a bone for the legislators who introduced it to show their constituents they are doing their job.

If it did pass, it would be time for New Yorkers to grab some yellow vests.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom