🔧 BUILD New whip who dis? Genesis G80 sport

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I have heard that most of the vehicles with soft leaving aren't helped with the JB4. Probably due to it being a transmission controller and/or stability control issue. But maybe the JB4 will help some.

Some of their vehicles with the same drivelines do have launch control from the factory. But cracking the TCU and stability control may be more than the typical tuners are able to change. A local guy was working on the same issue with the Santa Cruz and custom tuning. But I think they didn't have any success as he hasn't posted anything since he had the custom tune appointment.
I’m not willing to do a full tune on this, not with a warranty that is.

I read some suggestions on launching the sport (No LC) and I have to say it works great, would be better once I can see boost building up. Basically hold brake, roll in to throttle till you feel it making decent boost to about 2200rpm and then full throttle and let off and it seems to move out. Didn’t use the dragy or anything but no bog off the line.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I’m not willing to do a full tune on this, not with a warranty that is.

I read some suggestions on launching the sport (No LC) and I have to say it works great, would be better once I can see boost building up. Basically hold brake, roll in to throttle till you feel it making decent boost to about 2200rpm and then full throttle and let off and it seems to move out. Didn’t use the dragy or anything but no bog off the line.
I hear you with the ECU tuing. JB4 is a great option for a warranty. Just limited in capabilities at times.

I do the same with mine. Just don't stay on too long as it has a limit. Either boost cut, based on time, or something. But get it right and it does help a lot. But the Santa Cruz is still slow to apply power through the dual-clutch and builds boost slowly. But brake boosting for a second or so does help over leaving off idle.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
jb4... doesn't... violate... warrantys?

Hold Up Wait GIF by Martin

• It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Need to tuck and secure wiring a bit better and get some replacement plastic push pin things. Also need to swap plugs still so I’ll be taking it easy till then.

Also fun, cannot get the intake pipes to fit in the turbo inlet hoses. Seems odd the g70 3.3 would be different in that regard.

B234301F-FC2B-44BA-BE9A-622F67B63C5F.jpeg

Thread Info