🔧 BUILD New whip who dis? Genesis G80 sport

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think it ends up being a bit better than the Tahoe which is awesome. Going to be like 1.5 months for fill ups

yeah i mean road trips almost 600 miles to a tank?

that'd be awesome.

my 2011 5 series had a 18.5 gallon tank and could get 33-35 mpg highway... so that'd be like just about 600 to a tank on a road trip

Reactions: SleeperLS

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
yeah i mean road trips almost 600 miles to a tank?

that'd be awesome.

my 2011 5 series had a 18.5 gallon tank and could get 33-35 mpg highway... so that'd be like just about 600 to a tank on a road trip
If it squeaks out 24mpg as advertised realistically almost 500 miles. I see reports of better than advertised so we’ll see.

But guessing the kids would be the limiting factor. Either way not stopping for fuel much sounds great.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
did you press and hold the button to turn it fully off?
Yea traction control off is pushing the button then holding is stability.

You can feel it build boost then stop trying to push thru the brakes. I wonder if clicking it into 1 with the flappy paddles would do anything vs leaving in D.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
9FE73B55-68C6-40A1-8DEE-95ECFF8A0CC0.jpeg

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I have the same problem with my friends G37S. The drive-by-wire won’t you apply throttle and brake. It sees the brakes being applied and overrides throttle input.
I’ll have to fuck around with it more. There has to be a way otherwise why call it a sport if it won’t 60’ well

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’ll have to fuck around with it more. There has to be a way otherwise why call it a sport if it won’t 60’ well
In my G37xS I can get to about 2,000 rpm before it cuts out. I just side-step the brake and let it launch. AWD holds from 0-20 regardless, so I get a decent launch. Enough to match the times of the car magazines during their testing.

Mine is also bone stock.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I believe the throttle brake torque thing is due to a few incidents where people (by stuck gas pedals and carpets) were causing accidents. I don’t see how it couldn’t be removed but it would probably be dependent on the tuner/company etc.

I just say that car has quickly moved to the top of my list, I just don’t want a car payment but damn…

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I believe the throttle brake torque thing is due to a few incidents where people (by stuck gas pedals and carpets) were causing accidents. I don’t see how it couldn’t be removed but it would probably be dependent on the tuner/company etc.

I just say that car has quickly moved to the top of my list, I just don’t want a car payment but damn…
The older v8 non sports caught my eye too. They can be had pretty cheap and people say they pull hard. It’s 400ish hp

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Yea traction control off is pushing the button then holding is stability.

You can feel it build boost then stop trying to push thru the brakes. I wonder if clicking it into 1 with the flappy paddles would do anything vs leaving in D.
To enable Launch control in the Stinger, I have to fully defeat traction and stability (which it sounds like you've successfully done), and also be in Sport mode (not Comfort/Eco/Smart/etc...). Not sure if there is launch control or Sport mode on the G80, but give that a shot.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The jb4 is a piggy back so guessing it’s not doing much for torque management.
I have heard that most of the vehicles with soft leaving aren't helped with the JB4. Probably due to it being a transmission controller and/or stability control issue. But maybe the JB4 will help some.

Some of their vehicles with the same drivelines do have launch control from the factory. But cracking the TCU and stability control may be more than the typical tuners are able to change. A local guy was working on the same issue with the Santa Cruz and custom tuning. But I think they didn't have any success as he hasn't posted anything since he had the custom tune appointment.

Thread Info