• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical New Wagoneer Issues - Need TCG’s advice

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
To lemon law a vehicle, you likely first need to go through the outlined procedure with from the automaker that could include working with the brand customer service, then an arbitration process. Should be in the owners manual.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
To lemon law a vehicle, you likely first need to go through the outlined procedure with from the automaker that could include working with the brand customer service, then an arbitration process. Should be in the owners manual.
If I recall, the process is 3 times in for service for the same repair with no repair completed by the dealership, showing they attempted and documented any repairs.

I went through this a few times when I was in service director at VW for repairs that could not be corrected, and seen several lemon cars sold at auction come in from California into the Chicago market and being sold on dealership lots .

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
If I recall, the process is 3 times in for service for the same repair with no repair completed by the dealership, showing they attempted and documented any repairs.

I went through this a few times when I was in service director at VW for repairs that could not be corrected, and seen several lemon cars sold at auction come in from California into the Chicago market and being sold on dealership lots .

Frequency/age/mileage is dependent on state laws. But the automaker will also have an escalation procedure you must follow before you can claim lemon.

Reactions: frank

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
$120k is a bit over highest msrp you can build a 2022 Grand Wagoneer for. That’s also the same range for top tiers of its lux brand competitors.

My Wagoneer, which competes with the non-lux brands, was Msrp’d at $84k and I paid $71.5k (due to some rebates and stellantis employee pricing program).

We chose the Wagoneer after fully reading up and testing out the Expedition max and GM twins. Wanted to make sure we were getting what we want at this price point. Wagoneer interior seating space, comfort, drivetrain, and discount won us over. And even with some of the issues on mine we’re working though, I don’t look back at all.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
$120k is a bit over highest msrp you can build a 2022 Grand Wagoneer for. That’s also the same range for top tiers of its lux brand competitors.

My Wagoneer, which competes with the non-lux brands, was Msrp’d at $84k and I paid $71.5k (due to some rebates and stellantis employee pricing program).

We chose the Wagoneer after fully reading up and testing out the Expedition max and GM twins. Wanted to make sure we were getting what we want at this price point. Wagoneer interior seating space, comfort, drivetrain, and discount won us over. And even with some of the issues on mine we’re working though, I don’t look back at all.
71.500 feels like a deal imo.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS and Bru
F

Felicia Carter

Hello, have a Grand Wagoneer Series III and have a little over 10K miles on it.

At a little over 2K miles started to vibrate. All stock wheels and tires.

First tried rotate and balancing tires, no change. Then went to dealership for front end alignment, no change. Then dealership said it needed a new wheel and tire, so $1700.00 later, and still have the same vibration as before, no change.

Been at the dealership now for 45 days and no answers.

Wagoneer tells me they are going to Goodyear to get them to pay for a new set of tires but the dealership took the wheels and tires from another Grand Wagoneer and installed them on ours with no change to the vibration.

Dealership will not even return my calls now for a status update.

Anyone here experiencing this with the stock set up?

Are there any known fixes for this?

Insane to spend $120K on a vehicle that no one can fix with only 10K miles!!!
My truck is currently in the shop with the same problem and it has been there for almost 3 months. They have tried everything on my truck that they have done to yours.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
My truck is currently in the shop with the same problem and it has been there for almost 3 months. They have tried everything on my truck that they have done to yours.
I’m just assuming here, but I think there’s a good reason wagoneers no longer come with Goodyears on the 22” rims as they’ve switched to Pirellis…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info