New vehicle purchase! Version I go electric! (MikeK is jelly)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Good morning everyone! I waited a long time to make this post until I took delivery. I wanted to make sure I had the car in my hands and got at least 1 night to play around with it before announcing. This car has been 5-6 years in the making. Going back and forth on what I wanted, seeing new updates come out, watching our finances etc.

Fast forward to Jan. Me and the wife decided to pull the trigger and place the order on the car. It took about 8 weeks to build and ship.

Without further ado. I present to you the second member of TCG to own a Tesla!

I ordered a brand new Tesla Model S 75D with the premium upgrade package. Pearl White Paint, and Premium White interior!!

The car is absolutely stunning. My few short photos at delivery do not do it justice and I plan to take a few more photos for you guys.

Upcoming immediate Mods: powdercoat the wheels black, tints, and removal of the stick on front license plate bracket.

Here are some quick photos from delivery. More to come. Enjoy!

I plan on doing a full write up over the weekend with my thoughts on the car. The good, the bad, and the quirks.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I just got the standard non colored wheels because I didn’t want to pay Tesla’s crazy premium up charge for it.

I always liked the contrast of black wheels on a white car, so in the next few weeks once the weather improves it will go in for that mod.

The front plate is being removed tonight.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
First off congrats that thing is gorgeous!!!!
Surprised black wheels werent an option from the factory?
White leather would make me nervous.

They are. But if you want the standard wheels coated it’s an extra $1500, if you want the premium wheels coated it’s $4500 dollars

I was not willing to do $4500 for wheels.

It’s not real leather. It’s a very weird feel. It’s synthetic. If you watch some YouTube videos, people have done tests on them. Throwing cookies on them, ketchup, mustard etc

Everything just wipes off. It’s pretty amazing

Not that I ever plan to eat in this car

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Honestly haven’t floored the car yet from a stop. I did on the demo model and boy is it a kick in the chest. I did a quick 3/4 hit at about 35 getting on the highway and it was awesome.

It’s weird having all of the HP available at any Speed anytime without any drivetrain delay or shifting delay. It really catches passengers off guard.

I believe the 0-60 is 4.0 or 3.9 on a 100% full charged warmed up battery. I cannot imagine what the P100D feels like

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I totally missed your point lol sorry. but I see what you are saying.

I agree until you get used to it. The first time I test drove one I was nervous as hell. I have slightly gotten used to it, but I still found times on the way to work this morning fumbling around to find what I needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info