New Toy - 2021 Sea-Doo RXT-X 300

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
So how many miles on this thing so far?
0 LOL!

My weekends have been filled with kid's softball and tee-ball games. I'm putting it in the water next weekend though. I'm hoping next weekend I can get at least 5 hours on it, as Sea-Doo sets a governor for the first 5 hours to make sure people are breaking in the engine properly.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Now Ryan, I will bet you use this thing twice this summer. Wife and 4 kids?! Should have just sent me $20k to blow on something that wont get used.

Congrats though man, this thing looks like a total riot!

Very nice Ryan u and your family will love it
Lol this is the perfect family watercraft!
I'm hoping next weekend I can get at least 5 hours on it
No chance!:ROFLMAO:

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Now Ryan, I will bet you use this thing twice this summer. Wife and 4 kids?! Should have just sent me $20k to blow on something that wont get used.

Congrats though man, this thing looks like a total riot!
LOL!! I'll post a picture of the hours at the end of the summer! We spend a lot of time on the lake in the summer, so it should get used enough.

My girls (8 and 11 years old) love water skiing and my boys (4 and 6) are learning. I've been pulling them with a pontoon boat which has been lame as hell, so if anything it will get used a decent amount just by pulling skiers. My 11 year old is already counting the days until she can take the Wisconsin boater safety coarse to get her license to operate the Sea Doo herself.

Reactions: Spivitz and Yaj Yak

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Got 4 hours on it this weekend. Kids had a blast going out on it, and so did I.

Still haven't gone full throttle, but at about 75% throttle the thing pulls stupid hard. Handles the chop way better than I expected. The speakers are way better than I expected too, pretty clear and enjoyable even at 50mph.

IMG_20210531_133611.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I like my floating lift. Easy to walk around and put cover on, or work on it if needed. Cranking sucks. Considerably more money used verses used tho. I also think even with wheels it scratches my hull.

Lift is necessary, kept mine in the water when it was on Lake Michigan and that kinda sucked.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I like my floating lift. Easy to walk around and put cover on, or work on it if needed. Cranking sucks. Considerably more money used verses used tho. I also think even with wheels it scratches my hull.

Lift is necessary, kept mine in the water when it was on Lake Michigan and that kinda sucked.

something older with a white hull, sure.

cranking's fine. it's not that heavy of a machine.

the scratches this purple machine would see with a floating setup would be frustrating as fuck.
then also floating lifts blow to take in/out, his lift is a one man in/one man out situation as long as water depth isn't batshit.

the cover is easy enough to put on a vertical lift pwc if oyu just stand on the cradle of the lift.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

I really like the floating lifts, but don't want to deal with scratches on a dark color and the water gets super choppy where I have this parked. I was afraid the water would have a floating lift bouncing around like crazy. The vertical lift allows me to raise it high enough to not have to worry about the waves.

something older with a white hull, sure.

cranking's fine. it's not that heavy of a machine.

the scratches this purple machine would see with a floating setup would be frustrating as fuck.
then also floating lifts blow to take in/out, his lift is a one man in/one man out situation as long as water depth isn't batshit.

the cover is easy enough to put on a vertical lift pwc if oyu just stand on the cradle of the lift.
Yeah, me and my brother easily got this lift in the water. Water is 3-5 feet deep there, and the lift can't weigh more than 200 pounds. In the winter it will be easy for us to just pull out and set on the lawn.

Cover was definitely easy to get on without getting in the water.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I was just working on the same model lift this weekend. My buddy's keeps having issues with the brackets that hold the bunk boards to the horizontal "supports". I'm not sure if his pwc is too heavy, but the brackets keep breaking.

I got the GPR in yesterday and rode it for a while, but didn't stay out too long because the water felt like it was in the mid 50's.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
A draggy run would be interesting for the 0-60 I’m sure it gets there in a couple seconds, 22 hours is weak sauce though lol I’ll have to look at mine but I bet I clocked 40-50 and I hardly used my boat this year compared to normal
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in the 22 hours. This was probably the most hectic summer I've had, so didn't have as much time as I had hoped.

The majority of the 22 hours was spent with my kids and nieces/nephews on the back, so it was time well spent....scaring the shit out of them!

Reactions: 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I've been considering loading a tune that just removes the governor to see how high it will top out at. Its fun as hell to cruise at 70mph on the lake at 9am.....would be even more fun if it would go over 80!
Definitely tune it if you will get 80mph out of it, the difference between 70-80 on the water is fucking massive

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Reactions: Chet Donnelly
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info