đź“° Auto News New Tesla Model S & X shift between forward and reverse... on the touchscreen.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I just don't get how you can fully just balls out agree with this truth be told.
I suppose the thing where the car predicts the direction you need to go is the weird and scary thing, but in typical tesla fashion it’s a setting that you can toggle on and off so if you don’t like how it works you can disable it

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I mean have you driven a new Tahoe/suburban? They have buttons for a shifter where some you need to push, some you need to pull. That’s less confusing than swipe the picture of the car forward to go forward, swipe backwards to go reverse? It’s literally that easy. I don’t understand why everybody is crying about this
I’m understanding that this is an override feature but not the way you’d normally shift.....because the car guesses which direction you want to go.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I mean have you driven a new Tahoe/suburban? They have buttons for a shifter where some you need to push, some you need to pull. That’s less confusing than swipe the picture of the car forward to go forward, swipe backwards to go reverse? It’s literally that easy. I don’t understand why everybody is crying about this

because it's a TOUCHSCREEN.

people lost their minds when honduh ditched a volume knob :rofl: and then they brought it back and it was like they reinvented the wheel.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I suppose the thing where the car predicts the direction you need to go is the weird and scary thing, but in typical tesla fashion it’s a setting that you can toggle on and off so if you don’t like how it works you can disable it
This is the only part I'm referring to. I could care less about how the decision is turned into motion long as long as the driver is the one making the decision.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
because it's a TOUCHSCREEN.

people lost their minds when honduh ditched a volume knob :rofl: and then they brought it back and it was like they reinvented the wheel.

That shit suuuuucked in the hrv. You have no reference point when actually driving so you’re looking down at a fucking screen.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

The big difference is that a human is making the decision and not a computer using beta algorithms.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
maybe i'm just getting old but I prefer physical buttons and levers in cars. I get it though, fully autonomous cars won't need them, but this interim period to control everything from a infotainment system/dashboard iPad (and not just limited to Tesla) is going to be hilarious years down the road when the car's critical functions are held hostage by dead obsolete tech.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info