New tahoe and suburban (2021)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Glad I don't need a big SUV. The expy looks 15 years old and the chevy has a hideous grill.

Black paint does hide the hideous grill well I'll admit that
giphy.gif

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Cruising out in the GTO today with my son, we were out by Dekalb, so I figured I'd see if they had a new one in stock (McCue already has a few that I checked out). He took these pics;

GTO & T2 1.jpg

GTO & T2 2.jpg

FWIW, only Tahoe's have come in. Suburban's, Yukon's (either wheelbase), or Escalade's have not made it in to stock yet. With COVID, production is being pushed in to 2021.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
C&D reviews and likes it;

MT reviews the 'Burb and has mixed feelings. World class powertrain and handling (once you find the way to adjust the mode), but let down by the interior and electronic wizardry;

Fox news;

Detroit Free Press;

Autoblog

There are many more, but just trying to give a "flavor".

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
C&D reviews and likes it;

MT reviews the 'Burb and has mixed feelings. World class powertrain and handling (once you find the way to adjust the mode), but let down by the interior and electronic wizardry;

Fox news;

Detroit Free Press;

Autoblog

There are many more, but just trying to give a "flavor".

craziest part i read was some reviewer thought what he was driving had a 6.2 but it was a 5.3 truck, which is mind botttltltling to me.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
craziest part i read was some reviewer thought what he was driving had a 6.2 but it was a 5.3 truck, which is mind botttltltling to me.
Thats strange as there is no way in hell I have felt that way lol.

After being in this truck a few weeks, I absolutely love this thing. It has to be the most comfortable SUV I have ever driven. Imo the redesigned interior is awesome. Sport mode definitely wakes the truck up and it feels like it moves for what it is. I dont know if because my Hawk sat so low, but this thing overall feels huge and very tall. Ive had pretty much every Tahoe thats been out and this feels like it sits higher than any of them by a large margin. Lots of real estate to cover on a hand wash though lol. Has noticeable rail dust and other shit in the paint. Hopefully my back heals up soon so I can do something with the paint, still need to do the Wifes Cherokee as well.

Edit: I get a ton of compliments on this truck. Everyone always says it looks way better in person.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

After being in this truck a few weeks, I absolutely love this thing. It has to be the most comfortable SUV I have ever driven. Imo the redesigned interior is awesome. Sport mode definitely wakes the truck up and it feels like it moves for what it is. I dont know if because my Hawk sat so low, but this thing overall feels huge and very tall. Ive had pretty much every Tahoe thats been out and this feels like it sits higher than any of them by a large margin. Lots of real estate to cover on a hand wash though lol. Has noticeable rail dust and other shit in the paint. Hopefully my back heals up soon so I can do something with the paint, still need to do the Wifes Cherokee as well.

i agree with you.

it's in the motortrend article.

The Suburban's underlying mechanicals, conversely, are excellent. From the first moment I floored the accelerator, I assumed that the engine was the honkin' 420-hp 6.2-liter V-8. The engine felt that strong. It was only during a chat with the friendly Chevy PR guy that I was informed I was driving a mere 5.3-liter V-8.

he also bitches about trying to make it "FIT" through a starbucks drivethrough so take his shit with a grain of salt.... contrary to everyone's silly thoughts... suburban's aren't HYUGE

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Edit: I get a ton of compliments on this truck. Everyone always says it looks way better in person.

they look fantastic in person. i was heavily breathing on a new yukon the other day at the dealer by me.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I think it looks better in person.

I think Johnny Liberman (who poo-poo'd the interior), is in the minority here. Most seem to like it. Is it perfect, no.

I guess my question is how long can we excuse these interiors when they are asking 65+ grand for them. I will admit they are way nicer than before but that was a low waterline.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I get the whole price point issue especially as they continue to skyrocket, but I guess I'm not as wrapped up in that as I tend to use mine hard. I would hate to have such a super fancy, rich leather, plastics, or authentic wood trim, then shove something in it and scratch the shit out of it and cry that my $80k Suburban got a tear in a nice pleather seat.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I get the whole price point issue especially as they continue to skyrocket, but I guess I'm not as wrapped up in that as I tend to use mine hard. I would hate to have such a super fancy, rich leather, plastics, or authentic wood trim, then shove something in it and scratch the shit out of it and cry that my $80k Suburban got a tear in a nice pleather seat.

you aren't their target market.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
But I still want nice digs too. I guess I'm getting at I want a nice balance of a nice environment to sit/drive in, with it being not so nice that I fuck it up looking at it.

you're not going to hurt it first off, second off you're not buying one regardless because you swing from your 20 year old one too much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info