New tahoe and suburban (2021)

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sorry, I am working too...

All you have proven is what I said. Ford sales are up. I've said that already. Ford sales SHOULD be up, they've had a new vehicle in the marketplace for a year and half.

Post #104 by me;
Their sales should have naturally increased between the decade plus old platform and this new platform. But they haven't made much of a dent (if at all) in GM's dominance in this category. GM holds 75% - 80% of this market to themselves. The remaining 20% - 25% are split up between fomoco, toyota and nissan. End of story.

But you haven't proven that ford is taking 1:1 a sale from GM as GM is still on track to sell roughly the same amount that they have for years. I came up with 228k above from the data YOU provided. Add in Cadillac, add in cyclicity, I would put that in the 250k - 275k range. GM has been selling that for years.

End of story. GM owns this market and unless they stop selling completely, ford hasn't got a chance.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Sorry, I am working too...

All you have proven is what I said. Ford sales are up. I've said that already. Ford sales SHOULD be up, they've had a new vehicle in the marketplace for a year and half.

Post #104 by me;

But you haven't proven that ford is taking 1:1 a sale from GM as GM is still on track to sell roughly the same amount that they have for years. I came up with 228k above from the data YOU provided. Add in Cadillac, add in cyclicity, I would put that in the 250k - 275k range. GM has been selling that for years.

End of story. GM owns this market and unless they stop selling completely, ford hasn't got a chance.
So I guess the difference is that you think being the #1 market share holder matters, whether you're losing units or gaining units is irrelevant. When really they sell vehicles to make money, not to call themselves the market leader.

GM will stay #1 in this segment for a long time, maybe forever, but I promise you they're missing that ~$450mil in quarterly revenue that they lost to Ford and Toyota. Momentum is not on their side, and time will tell how this ugly redesign plays out for them.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If Toyota Tundra had better mpg and tech package, every Joe, Dick and Harry would be riding that thing hard.

“But, but it doesn’t tow as much...” what, it’ll tow your over paid, depreciating boat or that penny loafer ghey as fuck LS2 corvette

“But, but it doesn’t accelerate 0-60 in low 5 secs”. Okay, let’s be honest, most Home Depot suburban Dad Bods are not looking to beat John Force in a pick up truck. They accelerate slower than the high debt MILFs in Honda Mini Vans. You know the bitches, with an extra 20 lbs in curves, stretched out Vag and Starbucks in hand.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
If Toyota Tundra had better mpg and tech package, every Joe, Dick and Harry would be riding that thing hard.

“But, but it doesn’t tow as much...” what, it’ll tow your over paid, depreciating boat or that penny loafer ghey as fuck LS2 corvette

“But, but it doesn’t accelerate 0-60 in low 5 secs”. Okay, let’s be honest, most Home Depot suburban Dad Bods are not looking to beat John Force in a pick up truck. They accelerate slower than the high debt MILFs in Honda Mini Vans. You know the bitches, with an extra 20 lbs in curves, stretched out Vag and Starbucks in hand.

You are spot on with the MPGs... And I don't understand why they don't fix that.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Does the rear 1/4 and hatch not have a very Expedition esque, feel to it?

2020_ford_expedition_angularrear.jpg

Untitled.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think the Suburban/Tahoe is much better proportioned than the Expo. I'm still not sold on the front end styling of the Chevys

Doesn't the side profile of the new expo/navi look eerily similar to the current GM K2's...

We could go in this circle round and round.

It's a box on wheels... similar design cues work and get copied for a reason

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info