New tahoe and suburban (2021)

Knowklew

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 5, 2014
Jalopnik: 2021 Chevrolet Suburban And 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe: Here They Are.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
They are getting a deezul

Reactions: Yaj Yak

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The back looks just like a plain Jane expedition

You mean the expedition that copied many design cues (especially side window trimming and door) from the current generation K2's. I mean, there is only sooo much you can do when styling a box.

Essentially GM is evolving the K2 design with a touch of Traverse theme. Not sure I'm crazy about the angle up on the door which is really prevalent on the Tahoe.

Last edited:

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
A lot more deets in this article including an interior pic;

The 2021 Chevrolet Suburban made its debut today in Detroit, alongside its smaller sibling, the 2021 Chevy Tahoe. Per usual, the two are mighty similar to each other, but we’re going to focus on the Suburban here.

Of all the changes Chevy made to its next generation of full-size SUVs, the switch to an independent rear suspension is the most important of all. It’s meant to provide superior ride comfort and body control, while aiding hugely in interior space, as well. In terms of the latter, the new Suburban is also 1.3 inches longer in overall length and has a 4.1-inch longer wheelbase. This, combined with a whopping 5.3-inch-lower load floor mean huge gains in cargo space and third-row room. The Suburban gains 3.7 inches of third-row legroom, and gains 16.2 cubic feet of space behind the second row. That gain alone is basically the equivalent of a midsize sedan's trunk.

There are three suspension options. The standard setup has traditional coil springs and passive dampers. The mid-tier suspension uses coil springs and GM’s fourth-gen magnetic dampers, and is standard on Premier and High Country trims (optional on Z71). Then, the top-of-the-line suspension combines the magnetic dampers and a completely new air suspension system available on High Country and Z71 trims. The air suspension offers up to 4 inches of height adjustment depending on the situation. At highway speeds, it’ll lower 0.75 inch, and can go skyward in off-road situations.

The powertrain story is almost identical to what it was before, with one big exception: the addition of the 3.0-liter Duramax turbodiesel, which makes the same 277 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque as it does in the Silverado. The 5.3-liter V8 is still the standard engine making 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, while the 6.2 liter V8 is the upgrade. This larger V8 continues to make 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque. Both V8s feature GM's advanced Dynamic Fuel Management system.

Chevy integrated its next-gen electrical architecture in the new Suburban, which means it’s about as technologically advanced as any other Chevy today. The standard infotainment system is a 10-inch touchscreen mounted front and center. Meanwhile, an 8-inch digital screen in the instrument cluster is standard on the Premier and High Country (a 4.2-inch screen goes on the rest of the trims). A giant 15-inch head-up display is optional, and a rear-seat entertainment package mounts huge 12.6-inch touchscreens to the back of the front headrests.

Similar to the Silverado strategy, the Suburban will have great variation in looks from trim to trim. The LS and LT are the two base trims. From there, Chevy is offering an RST, Z71, Premier and High Country. The High Country is new for Suburban, displacing the Premier as the top trim model of the 2020 truck.

Pricing isn’t available yet, but the 2021 Suburban will be going on sale in mid-2020.

So basically 3 engine options (one a diesel) and 3 suspension options (one an air suspension).

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Motor Trend;

2021-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Z71-33.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
why does it look like it’s tip-toeing?

Wheel/tire size vs vehicle height/fender well is 1000% garbage. I don’t know why this is so hard to get right.

because the front has like zero overhang and lime 3/4 of the front wheels are exposed from the front?

I puked a little all those versions are a trainwreck.

I see Ford will continue to take GM fullsize SUV segment share.

New Expeditions and Navigators are everywhere at home in Nd and out in Washington DC.

Here so your eyes stop burning :rofl:

2019-Ford-Expedition-Stealth-Edition-White-1.jpg

images.jpeg

PS Expo and Navi have been IRS for ages but never looked like they were on stilts. :s00ls:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
why does it look like it’s tip-toeing?

Wheel/tire size vs vehicle height/fender well is 1000% garbage. I don’t know why this is so hard to get right.

One of my biggest gripes. It looks like the shocks/struts have the shipping pucks in them still. Reminds me of cars I would draw as a child.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info