Food / Drink New Taco Bell items

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Just tried all three $1 Double Stack tacos . All are a very good deal . The nacho crunch is packed with nachos and the biggest one , but a bit dry would be good with hot sauce . The reaper ranch was ok not really hot . The best is the Chipotle cheddar it's pretty hot too . (y)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've avoided Taco Bell for the past decade because they've used preservatives that give me an allergic reaction (the sensitivity popped up out of nowhere 10 years ago), but I just learned that as of earlier this year, they actively removed all of those ingredients.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Today's lunch is brought to you by Taco Bell and remembering why I rarely bother going there anymore. i went today with the hope of trying the Reaper Double Stack taco. I pull up and give my order and am told they "no longer carry the reaper taco because we don't have the sauce"...for a brand new item. I decided to order the Chipotle and the Nacho variants.

The Chiptole was fairly tasty, nothing special. The Nacho was garbage. It wasn't "bad" but the nacho sauce overpowered everything and it just tasted bleh.

If you're hungry or stoned, the Chipotle double will serve its purpose but like everything else new on their menu, it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Then end.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Just tried all three $1 Double Stack tacos . All are a very good deal . The nacho crunch is packed with nachos and the biggest one , but a bit dry would be good with hot sauce . The reaper ranch was ok not really hot . The best is the Chipotle cheddar it's pretty hot too . (y)
you right Mook Mook

this was them. and i thought all fantastic.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Welp looks like my local TB increased the $1 items to $1.29.... Sucks but it seems like the beefy fritos burrito and cheesy bean and rice burrito are still worth it, just not as great of a deal as before. I think that was the last "great" true dollar menu unless I'm forgetting somebody.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Contrary to popular belief, I don't eat Taco Bell nearly as much as I used to. Maybe once every two months or so. I saw that they added a new menu item, the Grilled Cheese Burrito. Looked good in pics so I thought I'd try it. I'm actually glad I did, it was really good. Only real complaint I had, is the burrito is kind of limp. It doesnt remain firm, likely due to the cheese on one side.

Starting with a burrito filled with seasoned beef and rice, a three-cheese blend (which includes both shredded and nacho cheese), chipotle sauce, sour cream and some of those red tortilla strips for a little crunch, it’s everything you’ve already come to expect from a sold Taco Bell burrito. But obviously, that’s not it: there’s a layer of melted cheese on the exterior of the burrito to truly affirm this thing’s commitment to queso.

Its only 2.99 and would absolutely consider getting one again.

HQt4LIg.jpg

Reactions: The Broken Regal

Thread Info