Food / Drink New Taco Bell items

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
Slimmer than I thought they would be . Very good crispiness and flavor . I liked the spicy ranch , could be a littler hotter though . The guac. dip is also good . They need a hot dip . Next time I'm going to get the salsa and add a hot sauce packet . And maybe try the cheese dip.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
New $1 Crunchwrap Sliders are on the slate at Taco Bell and should arrive at a location near you late this month (probably between the 15th and 20th).

A smaller take on the Crunchwrap Supreme, the $1 Crunchwrap Sliders come in three varieties: Beefy Cheddar, Spicy Chicken, and BLT. You might remember they were spotted in testing earlier this year.

Rather than a hard tostada shell, the Crunchwrap Sliders rely on Fritos chips to deliver the crunch. Beyond the Fritos chips and grilled hexagonally-folded flour tortilla: the Beefy Cheddar includes seasoned beef and shredded cheddar cheese; the Spicy Chicken includes spicy shredded chicken; and the BLT includes shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, bacon bits, and Baja sauce.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Crunchwrap-Sliders-Taco-Bell.jpg

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
taco-bell-boss-wraps.jpg

Taco Bell Testing New Steak-Filled Crunchwraps

Taco Bell is testing new steak-filled versions of their signature Crunchwrap Supreme and are calling them "Boss Wraps."

There are two varieties of Boss Wraps: Steak and Steak and Potato. Each features a triple portion of marinated steak, but while the Steak Bosswrap is pretty much a Crunchwrap Supreme with steak, the Steak and Potato Boss Wrap ditches the produce for crispy seasoned potatoes and bacon.

Boss Wraps are testing in Louisville, KY for $5.49 each or at $5.99 with a large beverage.

I give it to taco bell. Lot of new stuff lately.. Lot of changes clearly at top of their game.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'll preface this by saying at my TB, ALL of the sliders had a fuckton of fritos crammed in there...borderline too much.

The BLT - it was mostly fritos but for whatever reason, the small pieces of bacon included were enough to win me over. The avocado ranch saunce was present but not a real factor...it was enough to let me know it existed but not enough to truly add to the overall taste. This one is basically just a wrap with fritos shoved in there...I'd buy it again but not my first choice.

The Chicken - Same as the blt only with a bit more chicken included (and no bacon). Again, a ton of fritos mixed with some chicken...definitely could have used more but it was good none the less.

The Beef - This one had a pretty good mix of all ingredients...I havent been a huge fan of beef tacos from TB in many years but this was definitely good...maybe b/c it was the fullest of them all.

Overall, at a buck a piece, Id have no hesitation buying them again. Im going to guess every TB is going to be different for how the sliders come packaged / stuffed. The BLT has a lot of potential if they frito intake was juts a bit less.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
I've tried the BLT crunchwrap slider and it was just ok . It seemed to be mostly tortilla wrapping and not too much inside it . And the bacon was very minimal .

I would try the Beef version next time since Chester said it's good , but I think they stopped selling these wraps .

Thread Info