New Sierra tailgate

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s cool in theory but how much is just gimmicky vs truly useful. It’s like a leatherman tool, you probably only use the knife blade and pliers, the rest stays mostly unused.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it's useful as fuck until you drop it on a trailer hitch or back it up into something forgetting it's down and then never fix it cuz it's a $2500 tailgate (I'm guessing, it's probably more )

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s cool in theory but how much is just gimmicky vs truly useful. It’s like a leatherman tool, you probably only use the knife blade and pliers, the rest stays mostly unused.
much like a lot of new truck (or vehicle in general) developments.

camera's to see inside of your trailer.
a knob to back up your trailer.
the extendable handle to get into your bed

etc etc

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it's useful as fuck until you drop it on a trailer hitch or back it up into something forgetting it's down and then never fix it cuz it's a $2500 tailgate (I'm guessing, it's probably more )
i mean, that same shit could happen to a normal tailgate.

askmehowiknow.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
These are my thoughts also. I cracked up when he put his laptop up there, lol

The step he used to load the dirtbike looked like a nice thing to have, but I think they used some camera trickery because i'm pretty sure you still couldn't get the dirtbike up there solo even with the step unless you have 4' arms. It's too far forward. Maybe i'm wrong there

I'd hate to know how much that thing costs to replace, or how much it added to the purchase price of the truck. Probably an easy $3k+, and IMO doesn't add anywhere near $3k worth of utility

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wish things were like the old days and you could order individual options instead of packages. Instead you have to spend $3k+ for the one little option you want. Or, it’s a standard feature and the whole price of the vehicle goes up.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score

The step he used to load the dirtbike looked like a nice thing to have, but I think they used some camera trickery because i'm pretty sure you still couldn't get the dirtbike up there solo even with the step unless you have 4' arms. It's too far forward. Maybe i'm wrong there

I'd hate to know how much that thing costs to replace, or how much it added to the purchase price of the truck. Probably an easy $3k+, and IMO doesn't add anywhere near $3k worth of utility
Loading a dirt bike is that easy, I used to step on my stand or a bucket but easily done by yourself unless you’re really short.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wish things were like the old days and you could order individual options instead of packages. Instead you have to spend $3k+ for the one little option you won’t. Or, it’s a standard feature and the whole price of the vehicle goes up.
I soooo wish that was possible.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say your tailgate is significantly cheaper to replace than this one tho.
i wasn't talkin' about mine sailor.

boss's truck's tailgate got opened onto a trailer jack...

easier to buy a replacement used bed than a tailgate :rofl:

price out your tailgate... especially if it has any options.

then you'll also know why tailgates get stolen so frequently. :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wish things were like the old days and you could order individual options instead of packages. Instead you have to spend $3k+ for the one little option you want. Or, it’s a standard feature and the whole price of the vehicle goes up.
so. fucking. true.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
so. fucking. true.
I want a work truck with a couple extra options to make it comfy. NOPE. Gotta jump up to the next trim level for $8k and add a $1900 cold weather package to get a heated seat.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
or a power bucket seat?!

i dont need alacantra west coast customs suede lined seats.

just give me a heated cloth fucking powered bucket ass fucks

MikeyLikesIt

2015 Acura MDX
Reaction score
I would have spent the effort on the interior. If they had a 12" screen like the Dodge and better interior amenities, it might sell better.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I personally don't care about a monster screen

I typically turn them off while driving.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score

i like the interiors :dunno:

the size of the interiors is more annoying to me, i could do a cartwheel in the back seat of a ford.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
i mean, that same shit could happen to a normal tailgate.

askmehowiknow.
the difference is I remember I can't drop it due to the 27' box attached to the truck. With just the hitch ball installed I'd FOR SURE forget it was there and smash that thing.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
the difference is I remember I can't drop it due to the 27' box attached to the truck. With just the hitch ball installed I'd FOR SURE forget it was there and smash that thing.
neat

moral of the story, be aware of your tailgate? :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
dude i work with had a roof top hvac unit, like a big ass one, on a flat bed trailer behind his truck... towed past another f250cclb we have... ripped the cap/bed nearly right off the parked truck because the RTU was hanging off the trailer 6' :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom