New Ride.. Now featuring 0% Ford problems

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I Sold the EcoBoost Mustang over the weekend. The 3yr bumper to bumper warranty was ending in Dec so there is no way in shit I'm taking any chances. the list of issues I've had with the Mustang are long. the car has started to make a loud clacking sound when it was cold. Ford said its normal but all the forums out there every car with the cold engine clacking soon throws a rod out of the block. Its even had a complete overhaul of the 6R80 Trans after that failed. All before 25K miles. Bottom line.. I loved how the Mustang looked and handled but damn its a pile of Shit. So I picked up the other vehicle I was looking to buy when I first bought the Mustang... a Chevy Colorado V6.

Nothing fancy. Basic Work truck model with the mid grade touch screen system so I can use apple Car Play. Its got the all new v6 and the 8speed trans. Going to vinyl over the Chevy emblems black and remove the 4x4 stickers then Remove the front lip as well. Other than that its staying stock.

Impressions thus far.. I've got about 100 miles on it and have averaged 20mpg on regular fuel which matches what the Ecoboost used to get on my daily drive. We'll see in the long term how it does. for a truck it feels small and nimble. I have an easier time backing this into spots than I did the mustang. Its got great power too. I've only really stood on it once in 2wd and it smoked the tires. Magazine tests of the heavier and loaded crew cab's with the v6 and 8 speed combo have been doing mid/high 14's with 6.1 0-60. This being a 300lb lighter ext cab should make it just as quick as a stock Ecoboost Mustang... lol! Overall I'm happy with the truck.

Time to clean out the garage and dump off all the random Ecoboost Mustang parts Plus some 18" rims and snow tires.

:jg:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
It's a shame the mustang turned into such a huge turd. I was excited when you first got that thing. It was a nice departure from the huge influx of 5.0s that invaded members' garages here.

My dad just bought the gmc equivalent loaded up. I've put about 100 miles on it myself and enjoy the truck for what it is. Congrats on the purchase!

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Anyone here? New color Vette? Lol
452b1d421910f86969f000562b70a52c.jpg
a3db24dae44e4bf3275680a9840331ea.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
It's a shame the mustang turned into such a huge turd. I was excited when you first got that thing. It was a nice departure from the huge influx of 5.0s that invaded members' garages here.

My dad just bought the gmc equivalent loaded up. I've put about 100 miles on it myself and enjoy the truck for what it is. Congrats on the purchase!

Yeah the Mustang was great fun and really enjoyed it when it was working but as soon as the car hit 20K it was at Ford every few weeks with some issue. Its a gamble buying the first year of a complete redesign and this one was one of the not soo good ones.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Bought a bed mat for the truck. Probably pickup a crossover box as well. Lowes has one that fits nicely on these trucks.

HP tuners is still working on full support for the 2017. Just installed the beta software which is a little better. Contemplating getting a Trifecta tune for the truck but not sure yet. Colorado guys love them but others not soo much.

Thread Info